Just bought the Otterbox Defender and...

shanimal92

Reaction score
I have to say, its a tough little case. When i say little, i do mean little; at least compared to what i thought it was going to look like in my mind after seeing the pictures on Droid Life. It does add quit a bit of heft to it, but to all my fellow ex OG Droid owners out we will feel right at home. I like they way it feels in my hand a lot more than it did naked, or even with the TPU case on it. To me, i like the extra thickness to accommodate the width of the phone. Not saying that its to thin, or to wide, just saying that it feels just right to me. For people without large hands, like me, holding the phone like you usually hold it, and then having to shift the phone to click the search button, menu button, or notification panel can be kind of awkward unless you're laying on your back and you can rest your phone on your belly. The "grippiness" makes it easier to handle so you don't have to have a solid grip to feel like it wont fall out of your hands; if it does fall, you will be safe : ) I was also worried that the bezel at the top would interfere with swiping the notifications bar down but it doesn't (pic below)

The same thing that makes this phone awesome to hold is also the same thing that makes it a pain in the ass to get in and out of your pocket, the rubber. The first couple times putting the phone in and out of my pocket was the equivalent of a P90X Arms and Shoulder workout! Seriously, i got agitated after a while. You get used to it though. i usually just grab the tip of my phone and pull it out because i usually don't have a case. Now i have to grab at least half of the phone to pull it out. Not a big deal, just a dishonorable mention. I really dont like the built in screen protector on this thing. once on, it makes a "rainbowey" effect on the screen; almost like its greasy. I have cleaned and cleaned but it hasnt come off so im convinced its just the look of it. the problem is, its not removable. well, lets me say it this way, its not removable AND replaceable. the screen protector is atttached by the same glue stuff you find on the back of gift cards that keep them attached to the piece of paper they're on. if you take it off, its off for good unless you glue it back on. I personally tore it off, i couldnt stand the greasy look on my screen. i heard the Steinheil protectors or good so ill eventually get one of those.

This case was a very good investment, and i am very happy i bought it.

[video=youtube;748nla033aI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=748nla033aI[/video]

Last edited:

g_what

Reaction score
Will you post a profile picture of the phone naked next to the case? I'm curious to see how much thicker the case makes the phone.

OP
S

shanimal92

Reaction score
yea no problem. i had to use my droid to take the picture and now im nandroid restoring it so give me a bit.

OP
S

shanimal92

Reaction score
plus it takes good 10min to take the thing out of the case,LOL

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
that case is huge, definitely protected though

OP
S

shanimal92

Reaction score
that case is huge, definitely protected though

That it is, but a good kind of huge. Kind of like a... uhmm, CAR! yea thats it, a car; so you can run stuff over. huge CARS are good :p

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
planning on launching your phone across town like in razr commercial?

powerwagon

Reaction score
I see you have the dedicated search button on your bottom dock. Are you running Verizon or hspa? If Verizon, where the heck did you get the flash...been looking all day. Good looking case btw

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
That it is, but a good kind of huge. Kind of like a... uhmm, CAR! yea thats it, a car; so you can run stuff over. huge CARS are good :p
Haha so your phone is basically the hummer of phones:p Little too bulky for me, just gonna add a screen protector and that's it. I personally think this device is way too good looking to cover up, to each their own. As long as our phones work right?:hail:

Dean_53

Reaction score
Hard to turn on?

I got this today, but I am not impressed. It is very slick and without the rubberized cover on, it is very hard to push the on button. Will use if for awhile, but I might get the Innocase instead. Had one for the OG Droid and really liked it.

OP
S

shanimal92

Reaction score
Haha so your phone is basically the hummer of phones:p Little too bulky for me, just gonna add a screen protector and that's it. I personally think this device is way too good looking to cover up, to each their own. As long as our phones work right?:hail:

yea, to each there own. everytime i get a new phone i have always wanted to get a Otterbox for it but never have the $50 to. im still in the "OMG-DONT-YOU-TOUCH,LOOK,SMELL, OR-THINK-ABOUT-MY-PHONE!!" phase,LOL, so i want to protect is the best i can :biggrin: