Just bought it!!

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
So far so good, but how do I get the battery cover off!!!! I got plastic sticker thing half under it. Ugh haha. I feel dumb.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Welcome to the forum and your Droid.

to get the battery cover off just slide it down. The newer covers may need a little more "pull" but shouldn't be too hard.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome:
As to the battery cover I can't visualize what your speaking or... actually there is a known problem with the battery covers not staying ON (i.e. sliding down and falling off w/o provocation).

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome Grey Hawk...congrats on making a fantastic purchase.

In regards to getting the battery cover off do as dezymond described and you are good to go. Don't feel dumb at all. There are no dumb questions in here : )

good luck and enjoy the forums

Aaron636r

Reaction score
Be careful with the battery cover. Some people think its harder than it is and I have seen the gold grill over the speaker get damaged.

OP
G

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
Thanks guys got it. I have owned 8 phones in my life, and I have NEVER had a phone that the cover stuck that much. I thought I was gonna break it sliding it down.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Mine's hard to get off as well Grey.......

OP
G

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
Next question...

My keyboard backlight color is a mint green... Not a white. Is this normal? :/

spazma7ik

Reaction score
Next question...

It seems they had a bit of fun with the led's in the phone, some end up with purple soft keys, green keyboards, white keyboards, non lit keyboards, lol.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Next question...

It seems they had a bit of fun with the led's in the phone, some end up with purple soft keys, green keyboards, white keyboards, non lit keyboards, lol.

The big question is if the LEDs are different or if it is a multi-colored LED and something else is switched. It would be cool to be able to change the colors (but then since Swype I haven't opened my keyboard in almost a month (save to enter the boot loader).

wil318466

Reaction score
Next question...

The big question is if the LEDs are different or if it is a multi-colored LED and something else is switched. It would be cool to be able to change the colors (but then since Swype I haven't opened my keyboard in almost a month (save to enter the boot loader).

How about strobelight background key lights? Lol.

-Wil

OP
G

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
Yea my soft keys also have a purple tint to them. Sucks but I guess nothing you can do about it.

koralyne

Reaction score
I envy you grey hawk! I cant wait till the day comes where I get my dang money so i can get my beloved droid too. =]
To add salt to the wound of not having my droid... a friend went out and got the hero... (android phone, fyi) UGH he keeps texting me about the awesome apps ;_;

btw, i would KILL for a purple backlit keyboard!

(are all droids created equals? if so then it should be possible for an app to be created to change the backlight for the keys)

OyVOid

Reaction score
I envy you grey hawk! I cant wait till the day comes where I get my dang money so i can get my beloved droid too. =]
To add salt to the wound of not having my droid... a friend went out and got the hero... (android phone, fyi) UGH he keeps texting me about the awesome apps ;_;

btw, i would KILL for a purple backlit keyboard!

(are all droids created equals? if so then it should be possible for an app to be created to change the backlight for the keys)

Welcome to the club, Grey Hawk. You will be a Droidaholic in no time flat!

As to the backlit keyboard. I never end noticed what color mine was. It turns out it is light blue. Hmmm...interesting to hear that it comes in different colors. Since I love purple too, Koralyne and I might have get together and plot a Droid takeover mission. Watch out! LOL!