1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Just Black Notification bar with White text and clock?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by ArtosDracon, Apr 21, 2010.

1. ArtosDracon

ArtosDracon New Member

I've been searching and even thought I bricked my phone when installing one theme, got lucky and just a dead battery, can still get into the bootloader.

I'm planning on re-doing my root with a 2.1 root so I can have the new gallery. I plan on using 2.69 so I can use tethering and OC with RootHelper.

I would really like to be able to get a black notification bar with white text though. I'm happy with the rest of the stock theme, including the 3 pages, but I would really like a black notification bar, can anyone help?
  2. wmnomore

wmnomore New Member

I am using cyanogenmod's latest and installed MrBobrowitz's blackmod bar update. it is in the rom manager. there are many themes in there for you to try. good luck.
    chris
  3. ovrclock

ovrclock New Member

4. ArtosDracon

ArtosDracon New Member

That was nearly perfect, thanks, not exactly the look I was going for, but it's black and it works!

It just doesn't have a white clock...
  5. wmnomore

wmnomore New Member

have you tried cyanogenmod yet? you won't be disappointed.
  6. ArtosDracon

ArtosDracon New Member

I'm actually DL it in RomManager standard right now, fingers crossed. Hopefully Wifi is working, if not I'll have to play around with kernels again, I need my WiFi tethering.

You guys are gonna think I'm nuts, but I'm not in love with it. Nothing wrong with it, at all really. I'm gonna give it a run for a few days, but my SetCPU widget doesn't work at all, and the Kernel that came with it is limited to 600mhz. So far, I'm rather un-impressed, but I'll see how it goes. Don't know that I'll need the 5 home screens either, but that will likely grow on me.

A few other widgets are not working either, I'll post about it on his thread, but I'm switching back to stock ESE81 for now.
  7. ovrclock

ovrclock New Member

Are you talking about the clock in the notification bar, or a while clock widget? Because that link includes the white clock in the notification bar. Make sure you're flashing over a total stock-themed ROM and you should be fine.
  8. ArtosDracon

ArtosDracon New Member

clock in notification bar, installed on top of Pete's rooted but stock ESE81, black numbers.
  9. iamlost87

iamlost87 New Member

I'm looking for the same thing. Have been using Pete's ESE81 build since I find it to be the cleanest/smoothest running, and have been modding it myself, piecing together bits and pieces of many other mods. The only thing I can't get to work by editing is the color of the test in the notification bar. I'd really enjoy if I could make the text white, and it's pretty much the last thing I want to do with my phone. I tried using cyanomod's framework-res.apk and changing the images but it didnt work. just got stuck in a boot-loop.
  10. stark23x

stark23x New Member

Stuck in the same boat. It's so silly but I just really want that white clock. :)
  11. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Guys look in my signature for the color text through MM (bowerbar). Also I would suggest xUtlimate to change just the color of the clock if you want.
  12. stark23x

stark23x New Member

I'm running Pete's rooted 2.1...when I follow the directions for Bowerbar, the phone soft-reboots itself halfway through, every time, and never lets me complete the process. No matter what i do. When I try to do the text only instructions, it simply doesn't work. I do the steps, I reboot and the clock is exactly the same as when I started.

As for the manual ways? WAY too much risk just to change the clock color for my tastes.
  13. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

For Pete's rom you need to do the instructions for BB.9. As you have seen it reboots half way through. The framework-res needs to be moved to sdcard then themed and moved back. As for the text only, I need to change the instructions on that as the services.jar file controls about 80% of the text you see on the drop down.
  14. stark23x

stark23x New Member

Hmm. Probably a bit beyond me. Thanks for the help though.
Search tags for this page

how to make android notification bar white

white notification bar android fxp