Just became a DROIDX owner in Feb.

Duffey7978

Reaction score
So far I've remained just stock, however I did just update OTA to GB. Now I think I'd like to root. So any beginners advice would be helpful.

I have a pc with no internet (thats one reason I'm wanting to root), so I guess I'm just wondering how I'll know what steps to follow while my DROID x is rooting, if the only web connection I have will be unavailable...?

TIA!

urphonesux

Reaction score
Sbf back to froyo, root it and install bootstrap and then flash to a pre rooted gb release. There is no way currently to root the OTA

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
Actually I myself got the same idea yesterday..I've been toying with the idea for some time now..just wanted to make sure I did it right..back up my image properly, master the restore procedure BEFORE I root, etc... The problem is I realized I just did the gingerbread update. After some research I found that a rooting process for my particular phone has not yet been perfected for phones with gingerbread and that the way to root is to revert back to froyo. That sounds terrible so we just gotta wait it out. The way things work these days however that can change at any moment. Check back every day

OP
D

Duffey7978

Reaction score
Sbf back to froyo, root it and install bootstrap and then flash to a pre rooted gb release. There is no way currently to root the OTA

I realize from doing some reading that I need to sbf back, but I'm not sure how to do that exactly. As I stated, I have access to the internet only on my phone, so I wouldn't know what steps to follow while in the process...any suggestions?

urphonesux

Reaction score
U would have to find the latest .340 .sbf that u can download to your phone. Then find the latest version of rsdlite installer. Then connect to a pc. Install rsdlite on ur windows pc and then put the .sbf file on desktop of the pc. Then open rsdlite and point it at the sbf file. Then put ur Droid x in bootloader mode and connect it to the pc. Once u see that it is recognized by rsdlite press start.