Just as Android is taking off... Bad news?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by PowerPlayGraphix, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PowerPlayGraphix

PowerPlayGraphix Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is NOT a good thing:

Gameloft Reduces Android Investment, Predicts Other Developers Will Follow MTV Multiplayer

Just as I get on board and buy the droid, it looks like at least ONE developer and maybe more, are planning on abandoning the platform. I think we all need to buy what we like from them and contact them and encourage them to stay on board since there are new handsets (Droid) that bring the game to the next level and they don't need to jump ship now.

It's just getting good, I'd hate to see it die before it has a chance to explode.

2. LordKastle

LordKastle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    STOP POSTING THIS EVERYWHERE

This has already been posted but it is simply propaganda. It depends on what the masses want. If the masses support Android then developers will want to bring in money.

What is the bottom line when it comes to developers? If the majority of people on Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T (without iPhone) want Android apps and games and there is a market for it...do you think developers would ignore it?

It's like the video game console genre. If the masses support a system, the developers will follow. Look at many of the Japanese gaming companies that always supported Sony. What happened with Square-Enix and many others that were exclusive to Sony? They jumped ship to XBox...why? Support. The masses will decide.

3. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    there are no real/3d games available for Android yet... sd card limitations, among other things. maybe they have these apps ready but are just waiting on the devices to catch up? not sure....

4. PowerPlayGraphix

PowerPlayGraphix Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's not posted EVERYWHERE. It's posted in TWO threads. One is Games and the other is Developers (the 2 threads that it makes the most sense). It's not "propaganda", it's an interview that has appeared in several news sites. HOPEFULLY, it's just ONE developers opinion, but it would be nice if there was some kind of input from developers on what they are experiencing too.

5. LordKastle

LordKastle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Trust me...if you had any idea what goes on behind closed doors you'd understand why "interviews" like this get released at certain times over others.

6. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0

Let me say tat one is sufficient! I will find the other thread and merge the two. Please do not multi-post on one subject. People read the threads. Also FWIW the droid is the game changer. Simply it's the hottest device on the market. If a developer needs to make a living then they will support the platform choice of the people

7. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i'm as cheap as they come, and i'm ready to shell out some dough on decent games. i already bought about 5 apps :)

8. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.