Just arrived....

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Took some pics, I'll take a number more... anything I should try out with this device?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Pics look good ..take a few indoors too when you get a chance ...check the speakers ..maybe play music or videos

M8 tap'd

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Are you running stock or a custom ROM?

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Fantastic purchase! Where did you buy it and how much did it set you back?

Bought it here... Factory Unlocked LG 5 5" Quad HD G3 LG F400 2GHz 32GB 3GB RAM | eBay

The cost included shipping, I received it in less than a week. Fantastic seller!

Couple of things to note, if purchasing this device just mention which version you want either S, L, or K. Also, I highly recommend asking the sender when completing the shipping info to list item as a Gift/under $99, this way there is no Customs Tax.
BTW: Shipping was 3 business days from Korea to Philly

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Scott, did you play with the stock ROM or just dump it.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Scott, did you play with the stock ROM or just dump it.

There is a newer version out, I'll test it out later. Here is a screen record...

[video=youtube;57qL2nfxjS0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=57qL2nfxjS0[/video]

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Okay, I'm back to running VDT-ROM V4 Super Lite had an issue with the keyboard on the V5 which it didn't work (think there were some bugs on that ROM in general.) For those that are BIG Fans of Wanam, I'm right now running TweaksBox which happens to be nearly the same thing except designed exclusively for the G3, still using my other Xposed apps Greenify, Android Tuner, Smart Booster, XuiMod and all is working great!

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
One of the cool things about this device is I can run it on different versions of firmware. My device is an F400S and right now it is a F400L.

Sent from my LG-F400L using Tapatalk

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
One of the cool things about this device is I can run it on different versions of firmware. My device is an F400S and right now it is a F400L.

I don't get it. What's the difference between L & S and which seems to be better?

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
I don't get it. What's the difference between L & S and which seems to be better?

There both the same. The S is suppose to be better, I could change it to the K model which I would lose a band on AT&T but I could have different build.prop settings.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
There both the same. The S is suppose to be better, I could change it to the K model which I would lose a band on AT&T but I could have different build.prop settings.

Ok I get it now... Thx

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Ok I get it now... Thx

This is basically what it is and since we do not have custom Recovery of any sort this what we have to fall back on which are Tot and dll files. These are specific to my device, as soon as your device is launched I'm sure you will have Tot and dll files, just as everyone else will have with the US carriers, these are great to have in the event either to restore your device to the original settings in the event of a bad flash, soft brick (this happened to me earlier);), or just want to return to stock.