Just an Old Hacker

petec

Reaction score
I'm just an old hacker that got a droid phone when his daughter upgraded to an iPhone.

I won't activate it, just use it in wifi mode for web access, important email, maybe a GPS.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! :biggrin:

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm just an old hacker that got a droid phone when his daughter was kidnapped by Apple pirates and forced to get an iPhone if she wanted to be released.

I won't activate it, just use it in wifi mode for web access, important email, maybe a GPS.

Fixed that for you.

OP
petec

petec

Reaction score
Welcome aboard.. over here in the Android world we don't consider switching to iPhone as an upgrade :p

I know that. I was just tickling the tiger's tail.

But she had this verizon LG Vortex for 18 months and kept getting so frustrated with it she paid extra to get the iPhone. She is pretty savy but had a problem with inconsistancies. Something would work for a while then wouldn't work and she would have to reinstall.

I have one problem with it. Most of the time when I connect via USB the device shows up as "Verizon Mobile (D:)". It seems no matter how many times I select "Mass Media Device". it won't change. Then, after a bunch of plug/unplug, "Mass Media Device" it might show up as "Droid (D:)" or sometimes as "Removable Disk (J:)". I doubt an iPhone would act like that.

It isn't a deal breaker for me since I didn't buy it and I'm just playing with it. But if I wanted to use it seriously I would get really frustrated by this messing around.

In preview I see smilyies where I typed a right paren. No time to fix that. You'll have to deal with it.

Pete