Just a thought about Me, Howard Stern and 9/11

neilrl79

Reaction score
I should start off by saying that i'm a huge Stern fan, and I was listening ten years ago today. I listened in shock, riveted to the radio almost the whole time he was on air. That particular episode was never aired again, till today. At first I wanted to listen but as the time drew nearer I realized that if I listened I wouldn't be able to hold back the emotions that still stir inside of me from that day. And to top it off I awas working a heightened security shift protecting a bridge today. Well, like I said, just something I wanted to get out.

OP
neilrl79

neilrl79

Reaction score
I'm sorry but after reading my post I realized that most of what I wanted to say didn't actually get put in that post. I guess that my fingers weren't keeping up with the thoughts that I wanted to convey.

wlemammoth

Reaction score
I've got the episode, if you ever want to listen to it in solitude, let me know. I can only make it through a couple minutes of it, too hard to take again.

tuffD1

Reaction score
Ooooofff, it is really hard to listen to. Been a fan for over 10 years, BEST broadcast ever (not cuz of what happened of course) because he kept his calm and stook around to continue. I would ask you for a listen but don't think I could. Also the re-airing they did with Metallica-"Don't Tread On Me" in the background, WOW.

Sent from my Droid¹

wlemammoth

Reaction score
I will pm you a link tonight or tomorrow, I've got a paper to write now. If anyone else wants it let me know, I'll probably set up a dropbox folder for it.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd appreciate the link too. On 9/11/01 I almost always listened to the WDVE morning show (I was living in Pittsburgh), but for some reason something told me I should listen to "Bob and Tom Show" which was syndicated in Youngstown, OH. I'd never listened to their show before but wanted to hear some different humor. Well, as soon as the first tower was hit, they immediately went serious and for the rest of the time they were on the air it was the most sad thing in my 41 years on earth (I'm almost 51 now). I'm really glad I flipped to that station that morning but don't know if I could listen to it now because of the memories it would bring back.

Thanks for sharing the link to the Howard Stern one if you can.

wlemammoth

Reaction score
Links sent, let me know if they don't work. If you make it through that 9-11-02 is pretty heavy but worth another listen, let me know if you want it. I was freaking out for a minute, I must have deleted all my archives somehow. My wife mocked me for burning all the shows to cd, I knew I was smart to do it, or at least obsessive.