Just a quick question

brenner21

Reaction score
Hi everyone new user here I mean't to find a forum for my S3 but now I actually need one! I bought my Samsung Galaxy S3 from Vodafone here in Ireland in August 2012. On the 6th of January 2013 I woke up to find I was late for college as my alarm hadn't went off. Upon trying to check my phone as my blue light was flashing (notification light) I noticed the phone was not responding to me pressing the home button. I then tried to wake the phone up with the power button to no avail. Next I took the battery out and since then it has been dead. After a few hours googling and researching the problem it appears I have the "SGS3 Sudden Death problem" I have contacted the Samsung Service Centre on the 8th of January 2013 and was given reference numbers etc. I'm still waiting on the phone to be collected but I don't know if they are sending something out for it to be collected in or if they are sending somebody to collect it all I know is that it's the 12th and it's still here with me. My question is how long do Samsung have the phone for once they receive it.

Thanks to anyone who can assist

Also I know it's not the battery or charger as my sister has the same phone and from trying her battery in mine and it not working and trying my battery in her and it showing 100% I know it's not them

Thanks again

OP
B

brenner21

Reaction score
will it do anything at all? Like turn on (boot up)?

Nah nothing at all, it's not doing anything at all no vibration no red light while on charge, when connected to laptop no lights nor is it recognized by the laptop or my desktop. So it's basically a brick.

OP
B

brenner21

Reaction score
Have you tried to boot into recovery. Really just throwing out options so you aren't without a phone.

Like I said in the original post any help is really appreciated :) yeah I have tried that. Thats the volume home and power button held together yeah?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
If Samsung is dealing with it directly they should have emailed you a postage receipt of some sort. It would be your responsibility to package it and send it using that tag they sent you.... I don't know who the big package carrier in Ireland would be... Here in the U.S. Samsung emails you a UPS slip you have to print and attach to the package then drop it at a drop off..... I would also contact Vodafone and see if it is something their warranty will replace... They may just be able to swap it out for you as it is a known defect that Samsung has admitted to....

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I find over here it's always much easier to contact the carrier instead of the manufacturer. Verizon has overnight shipping for replacements, so I'd contact Vodafone first.

OP
B

brenner21

Reaction score
Yes volume up+home+power. Have you tried Odin mode? Volume down+home+power.

Should anything happen on the phone with Odin mode or do u have to connect it to the computer? Nothing happens on the phone when I do it

clueless77

Reaction score
It should boot to a screen with Andy on it and some warnings and so on. But if you aren't getting that then I'd say yes the device is dead

OP
B

brenner21

Reaction score
If Samsung is dealing with it directly they should have emailed you a postage receipt of some sort. It would be your responsibility to package it and send it using that tag they sent you.... I don't know who the big package carrier in Ireland would be... Here in the U.S. Samsung emails you a UPS slip you have to print and attach to the package then drop it at a drop off..... I would also contact Vodafone and see if it is something their warranty will replace... They may just be able to swap it out for you as it is a known defect that Samsung has admitted to....

Nope I never gave my email address to them on the phone all I got from them was a text with my reference number and they said the authorized service centre will contact me to arrange an appointment, however on the phone the customer services representative told me they'd send out a bag that I'd have to put the phone into with the battery but make sure I take out my sim and sd card then seal it and send it off. I haven't received anything yet so I'm just wondering what's taking them so long. What it says on the Samsung Website when I log in with my reference number in the Product Service Status is 08-01-2013 Assigned to Service Centre. Then after that it has nothing. Vodafone won't do anything at all for me they're useless over here that's why I unlocked my phone and switched to another network called Meteor the service you get from them is amazing any problems you have they resolve for you but obviously they can't with this phone because I didn't buy it from them.

OP
B

brenner21

Reaction score
I find over here it's always much easier to contact the carrier instead of the manufacturer. Verizon has overnight shipping for replacements, so I'd contact Vodafone first.

Like I just said to Miller6386 Vodafone over here are useless a**holes they won't do anything for you at all no matter what it is. We have Meteor, Vodafone, o2, 3 and eMobile and Vodafone are they only network which will only let you return a faulty phone within 7 days otherwise you have to contact the manufacturer

OP
B

brenner21

Reaction score
It should boot to a screen with Andy on it and some warnings and so on. But if you aren't getting that then I'd say yes the device is dead

Yeah nothing happening with it at all and I know it's got a full battery because like I said I tried it in my sisters phone so I guess first thing Monday I'll just have to ring Samsung to find out what's going on.

Thank you for all your help :)