Just a phew more questions about Droid1

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by AngelRyuxz, Sep 18, 2010.

1. AngelRyuxz

AngelRyuxz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I meant for the title, Just a FEW more questions about Droid1 lol sorry....

I'm using my old thread so I don't have to make another one.(Or does it matter if I do?) Anyways, after looking at that site (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...08-multiple-phones-root-them-unroot-them.html) I was thinking that this site (xda-developers - View Single Post - How to root the Droid 2) would work as well with the droid1 because it is doing basically the same thing.

The 1st link(Some one gave me) Is doing about the same thing. Only thing different is you're using a cmd on your droid instead of pc..

And the 2nd link is doing the same thing as the 1st link just on the pc...

So do you guys think I could do this I mean it looks basically the same. (EDIT_)

#1 AngelRyuxz, Sep 18, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +31
    you might need a different kernel with the D1 to use wifi tether. not a big deal once ur rooted

yes it should - christim also wrote a guide like that here
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...08-multiple-phones-root-them-unroot-them.html

and setcpu wont do much on the DX since the kernel is still locked (part of the bootloader)
    if you want to overclock the D1, you can install a kernel and have overclocking abilities. more about overclocking can be viewed in teh link in my sig (#4)

3. xliderider

xliderider Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    1) I don't tether, so can't answer this one.

2) It is best to stick with guides written specifically for the device. I don't think your sister would appreciate you turning her Droid into a nice hefty paperweight. :eek:

3) SetCPU makes more of a difference on the Droid than on newer devices already running at 1Ghz.

4. AngelRyuxz

AngelRyuxz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Everything answered thanks so much! But I was wondering if I did need a kernel are there steps on how to apply one? I never did research for this yet...

5. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Kernels are installed just like Roms, boot to recovery install thru CW or SPR. NO WIPE.

6. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +31
    download (many on here to choose from) it, rename to update.zip, and apply in recovery.

ChevyNo1 and P3Droid have some good ones to start with

7. xliderider

xliderider Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I recommend using a low voltage kernel, it will most likely run fine and generate less heat and be easier on the battery as well.

8. AngelRyuxz

AngelRyuxz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    (Bumbish?)

I'm using my old thread so I don't have to make another one.(Or does it matter if I do?) Anyways, after looking at that site (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...08-multiple-phones-root-them-unroot-them.html) I was thinking that this site (xda-developers - View Single Post - How to root the Droid 2) would work as well with the droid1 because it is doing basically the same thing.

The 1st link(Some one gave me) Is doing about the same thing. Only thing different is you're using a cmd on your droid instead of pc..

And the 2nd link is doing the same thing as the 1st link just on the pc...

So do you guys think I could do this I mean it looks basically the same.