1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Just a new guy trying to impress his son (-;/

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by wyattspoppa, Mar 6, 2012.

1. wyattspoppa

wyattspoppa New Member

Hey All,
    Thanks for having me on your site. Call me Wyattspoppa (I figured it was a name that wouldn't get his butt kicked in school and Dweezil was taken)
    I'm fairly tech savvy in part as I was in the Air Force working on the F-15A Eagle when many of you were at Frat parties (you lucky dogs) and I just like to "tinker"
    I'm a low-level gamer, I love to take vids and pics of my muchkin and now he's old enough to play many of the game-apps on my DroidX2
    I'm all about getting the most out of my devices so I love to learn cool things my electronics are capable of. I'm a staunch advocate of "fair use" and having been in a terrible motorcycle wreck, tech stuff is my new hobby since I can't climb Everest any more (JK) (-;/. I will always help those who need it when I can and I love to talk tech and make new friends online since I'm a "Mr Mom" now.
    I'm having an issue with my new D2 if you'd care to look, I'm posting now, I promise to pass it forward.
    Peace
  2. danDroid

danDroid Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to DroidForums!
  3. sherri

sherri Member

What is the issue?

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk
  4. Droid-Xer

Droid-Xer Super Moderator Premium Member

Welcome to the forum from one dad to another.
  5. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome! Not a boy name "Sue" :)...jump in & enjoy, we are happy to have ya with us!
  6. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to Droid Forums!! I hope you get that issue figured out! Let us know what you need :biggrin:
  7. DesktopDevin

DesktopDevin Member

Welcome and you will find more than just kids on here. It's a pretty well rounded crew and a good one at that! AS far as frat parties I missed out on a few as well as I was going through the straights of hormuz on the 4th of July 1985 on a Spruance Class destroyer during the Iraq/Iran war keeping shipping lanes open.

Although what I missed out on in frat parties we made up for with a one hell of a time on liberty in Qatar, Naples, and Palma de Mallorca!:beer2:
  8. LoudRam

LoudRam Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site. This is a great group of guys. I tend to read more than post. I've been able to find most of the answers I needed with a little digging. Have fun!

Been there done that! USN '88-'94 IC2
  9. BenLand150

BenLand150 Premium Member Premium Member

Welcome to the forum! :)
  10. Mike.757

Mike.757 Well-Known Member

11. wyattspoppa

wyattspoppa New Member

Thank you

Appreciate it "DannyBot". We need a "quick reply" so we don't need a title and forward to a new window just to say "thanks" (unless this Noob missed the option), my 1.5 cents (-;/
  12. wyattspoppa

wyattspoppa New Member

Thanks and....

Oh thank you for asking Shermeister, but I don't think we're permitted to post issues in the "welcome new kids" page. I only perused the forum guidelines before posting this, but most tech sites don't allow you to put inquiries into the introduction thread. It's to do with my Droid convincing my Lappie that all my 2.0 USB ports are really 1.0, I posted the question in the appropriate forum or you can find it within my username as my only post to date. Kind of you, thanks
  13. wyattspoppa

wyattspoppa New Member

With Regards....

I respect anyone who's first mention is fatherhood, so thank you for the welcome. See you around the water cooler. (-;/
  14. wyattspoppa

wyattspoppa New Member

Gracias!...

Quoting Johnny Cash and a cool Avatar, you've got style! Thanks for rolling out the red carpet (-;/
  15. wyattspoppa

wyattspoppa New Member

Merci'.....

Wows, I've signed up with some of the most popular forums in the country and never once seen this many folks add a welcome message, so much gratitude. I do this as much for making new friends as I do learning to repair the damage I do my file systems my curious nature commands me to create (-;/ Many other forums there's a line of people preparing to flame the noobs for making posting errors, it does my heart good to see one that treats new folks like family.
    Kudos
    PS I'll take you up on the help anytime, nice to post to a site that doesn't have users tell you to reformat your PC for every technical glitch you come across (-;/
  16. wyattspoppa

wyattspoppa New Member

Danke Schoen....

We have much in common, even the time-frame, I was in just after the Iranian hostage crisis in '81-'84, wanted to turn the Shah into a Pinata myself, but alas, the USAF rarely gets to have all the fun (-;/
    However, the girls at ASU were very cordial to Air Force guys...mostly to annoy their parents of privilege, but I was still grateful for the attention (-;/
    Semper Fi Brother
  17. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome new folks!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  18. wyattspoppa

wyattspoppa New Member

Mahalo....

Thanks, I'm a troller myself...Hey, Navy: It's not just a job, it's an adventure or as my bumper sticker said..Join the Air Force! Travel to exotic, distant lands. Meet exciting, unusual people, and kill them. (-;/
    Ok, a little off color but it's Wed..
  19. wyattspoppa

wyattspoppa New Member

Cheers Mucker....

How my Irish Brethren say "thanks" Beta team, cool. I'm on the Alpha Beta Kappa Sigma Pi team myself (I have no idea what that means, I've had too many Red Bulls this morning (-;/)
    Thanks
  20. SFGate

SFGate New Member

Welcome to the site. Have fun! DancingNexus