Just a little question about battery life...

fishfood

Reaction score
I have a question. I've had my D1 rooted for most of the time I've had it, and I've tried almost every ROM out there at some point, and I have one thing to say. My phone has NEVER run as smoothly, with NO FC's, install errors, slowing, etc, since I've started using Sapphire 1.1.4! I absolutely LOVE it. However, the only concern I have is that battery life does seem to drain a bit faster than I'm used to with other ROMs. I've tried changing kernels, using the stock kernel, slightly faster cvpcs kernels, and even a couple of Chevy's, with consistent shortened battery life. Is this something that other users have noticed as well? With juice defender and SetCPU, I did have my battery lasting 24-32 hours with normal use without a charge, but now I'm back to having to charge it at night after taking it off in the AM (12-15 hours.) For all my ROM flashing experience, I'm pretty much an infant when it comes to my knowledge as to how any of this stuff actually WORKS. I just thought it was magic...

Any input?

Yianaki

Reaction score
I find Chevy's kernels with any rom has better battery life that's just me. The antenna strength seems to be less flaky as well. Really makes a big difference and works with the built in overclocking in this rom. I would try em all as your millage may vary, I haven't had any problems using different kernels with this rom.