1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Just a little question about battery life...

Discussion in 'cvpcs' started by fishfood, Nov 14, 2010.

1. fishfood

fishfood New Member

I have a question. I've had my D1 rooted for most of the time I've had it, and I've tried almost every ROM out there at some point, and I have one thing to say. My phone has NEVER run as smoothly, with NO FC's, install errors, slowing, etc, since I've started using Sapphire 1.1.4! I absolutely LOVE it. However, the only concern I have is that battery life does seem to drain a bit faster than I'm used to with other ROMs. I've tried changing kernels, using the stock kernel, slightly faster cvpcs kernels, and even a couple of Chevy's, with consistent shortened battery life. Is this something that other users have noticed as well? With juice defender and SetCPU, I did have my battery lasting 24-32 hours with normal use without a charge, but now I'm back to having to charge it at night after taking it off in the AM (12-15 hours.) For all my ROM flashing experience, I'm pretty much an infant when it comes to my knowledge as to how any of this stuff actually WORKS. I just thought it was magic...

Any input?
  2. billyidle

billyidle New Member

No battery drain for me on Sapphire
  3. Yianaki

Yianaki New Member

I find Chevy's kernels with any rom has better battery life that's just me. The antenna strength seems to be less flaky as well. Really makes a big difference and works with the built in overclocking in this rom. I would try em all as your millage may vary, I haven't had any problems using different kernels with this rom.