1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Just a idea

Discussion in 'Droid 3 Hacks' started by SpaZZoiD, Jul 18, 2011.

1. SpaZZoiD

SpaZZoiD New Member

Wonder if you could sbf to 2.2? Like say a x2 sbf or something? Then root would be easy. Just a idea, don't know to much about codeing.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  2. i4mt3hwin

i4mt3hwin New Member

X2 runs on a tegra, the image wouldn't have support for the OMAP processor in the Droid 3, it wouldn't boot the phone.
  3. brad92

brad92 New Member

That wouldn't work since the processors and other things are way different. Hell, the D2 and X are pretty identical specs wise, but they require a different sbf file

CM74DX
  4. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

Yeah the DX2 and D3 have completely different hardware, unlike the D2 and Dx. It wouldn't work. And would more than likely truly brick the phone.
    I'm sure a root exploit will be found and the modding can begin. There's always a way....hopefully :)

end of line...