June 27 2011 and still no root for Gingerbread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcjames

Reaction score
June 27 2011 and still no root for Gingerbread. Maybe because droid x is old phone so no need to pay attention to it? Come on developers and hacker please bring root to our ota gingerbread for droid x please.

joeshell20

Reaction score
I think you should do a little more reading. The DROIDX has been rooted for a long time. Sbf back to froyo, root using z4root, then install DROIDX bootstrap from market. You can then flash any pre rooted rom you want for the DROID x. I like liberty v.8, it is rock stable and is based off the latest firmware version of gingerbread 2.3.3 (.596 kernel). If you don't understand how to do all of this. READ, READ, READ! Never attempt to do anything without first understanding the basics. This will lesson your suffering.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
R

rcjames

Reaction score
I think you should do a little more reading. The DROIDX has been rooted for a long time. Sbf back to froyo, root using z4root, then install DROIDX bootstrap from market. You can then flash any pre rooted rom you want for the DROID x. I like liberty v.8, it is rock stable and is based off the latest firmware version of gingerbread 2.3.3 (.596 kernel). If you don't understand how to do all of this. READ, READ, READ! Never attempt to do anything without first understanding the basics. This will lesson your suffering.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Yea that been out for a while but I decided to keep it stock then upgrade the ota. Few days pass then I had it flash for cricket. If I go back I might loose the settings so but another thing I have to learn which I have no problem to do so. It's taking long because ota gingerbread been launch few weeks ago root should be already hacked for root access.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I don't think the OTA GB has been rooted for any device. If that's true your theory is blown.

I didn't take the OTA update because I knew it wasn't rooted.
So don't blame the developers, blame yourself.

debrad0307

Reaction score
I don't think the OTA GB has been rooted for any device. If that's true your theory is blown.

Thumbs up to you!

When the OTA came out TBH made a rom identical to the OTA but with root. Instead of complaining you should have flashed that instead of the OTA. You're going to be waiting a while if not forever for an OTA root.

Tappin and talkin on my DROIDX

OP
R

rcjames

Reaction score

No we need to push a bit the developer to root it. They root quickly on things that is famous and not this probably because it's a old phone.

debrad0307

Reaction score

No we need to push a bit the developer to root it. They root quickly on things that is famous and not this probably because it's a old phone.

Again... stop complaining and do something about it yourself. There were warnings all over this forum about the OTA not being rootable. You downloaded and installed the OTA knowing this. Your loss. Stop pestering the devs, its not their problem. You've already been given advice on what to do. If you don't want to do it then be stuck with an unrooted OTA. I'm not trying to be mean but sheesh... if you want an OTA root THAT bad, do it yourself

debrad0307

Reaction score

They root to help android users...they're not obligated to do sh!t for u.

Are u paying anyone to do this...and is gingerbread really that necessary.

Just say thank you for everything they've done so far cause if it was for the rest of us...there would be nothing

Thumbs up to you sir.

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
Lol this thread is funny. Dude as a rule of root never for any reason accept ota. Especially knowing they are doing all they can to keep these phones locked down. Face it if the dev could root it no problem it would be done. Dont take it out on dev cause you accepted it and can't get root back. Do what one guy said sbf back to froyo root it and wait for gb rooted. If you aren't willing to do that you don't wanna put in the effort and should go buy a lil flip phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

OP
R

rcjames

Reaction score
Lol this thread is funny. Dude as a rule of root never for any reason accept ota. Especially knowing they are doing all they can to keep these phones locked down. Face it if the dev could root it no problem it would be done. Dont take it out on dev cause you accepted it and can't get root back. Do what one guy said sbf back to froyo root it and wait for gb rooted. If you aren't willing to do that you don't wanna put in the effort and should go buy a lil flip phone.

Dude you're making it like if i'm cursing at the dev. It's nothing like that. And I know what I was doing when I accept ota. In fact I was on a rom so I flashed it back to froyo to accept the ota. But remember dev are faster pushing out root access on other new phone. When this phone came out root access was out in few days or weeks. Maybe dev are just slacking. Now easy for you guys to say to flash it back to froyo then install the two part of gingerbread. If I do that I will loose my flash of settings of cricket. It costed me 75 bucks to flash it to cricket. Now it will be easy if I knew how to do it. So you guys are thumb's up other people that doesn't even understand me and the situation I am in. If I flash to a rooted os I will loose network settings of cricket. I would thought it will take less time then this. Remember when froyo was rooted that was ota it didn't took this long.

OP
R

rcjames

Reaction score

Again... stop complaining and do something about it yourself. There were warnings all over this forum about the OTA not being rootable. You downloaded and installed the OTA knowing this. Your loss. Stop pestering the devs, its not their problem. You've already been given advice on what to do. If you don't want to do it then be stuck with an unrooted OTA. I'm not trying to be mean but sheesh... if you want an OTA root THAT bad, do it yourself

Whatever these developer should get on it. I donate every month to them. They could root it but they have other things to worry about then us droid x user.

OP
R

rcjames

Reaction score

They root to help android users...they're not obligated to do sh!t for u.

Are u paying anyone to do this...and is gingerbread really that necessary.

Just say thank you for everything they've done so far cause if it was for the rest of us...there would be nothing

Yes I do donation of 50 bucks per month. Now I will pay 500 for them to root it.

OP
R

rcjames

Reaction score
So I'll offer 500 bucks for developer who ever create a program to root it. I'm doing this for us all.

Snow02

Reaction score

Dude you're making it like if i'm cursing at the dev. It's nothing like that. And I know what I was doing when I accept ota. In fact I was on a rom so I flashed it back to froyo to accept the ota. But remember dev are faster pushing out root access on other new phone. When this phone came out root access was out in few days or weeks. Maybe dev are just slacking. Now easy for you guys to say to flash it back to froyo then install the two part of gingerbread. If I do that I will loose my flash of settings of cricket. It costed me 75 bucks to flash it to cricket. Now it will be easy if I knew how to do it. So you guys are thumb's up other people that doesn't even understand me and the situation I am in. If I flash to a rooted os I will loose network settings of cricket. I would thought it will take less time then this. Remember when froyo was rooted that was ota it didn't took this long.

You don't understand how root exploits are sourced. There's a handful of people, in the world, successfully writing android root exploits. One guy wrote two of the last three. It's not as simple as you seem to think it is.

But by all means, go spend a few years to learn c and linux inside and out, and take a crack at it.

On a more positive note, someone is working on a gingerbread version for the x flashed to cricket that retains the proper network settings. They plan to release it soon apparently.

OP
R

rcjames

Reaction score

You don't understand how root exploits are sourced. There's a handful of people, in the world, successfully writing android root exploits. One guy wrote two of the last three. It's not as simple as you seem to think it is.

But by all means, go spend a few years to learn c and linux inside and out, and take a crack at it.

On a more positive note, someone is working on a gingerbread version for the x flashed to cricket that retains the proper network settings. They plan to release it soon apparently.

Yup well I heard that too. Just there programs that need root access for work.

Status
Not open for further replies.