June 1st - The Big Day?

cece5702

Reaction score
So for those who have not installed GB I'm assuming tomorrow is the day that this update will be available to manually download by going to settings * about phone* and status. Hopefully there is no delay problems. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Steve H

Reaction score
I hope tomorrow is the day. I know several X owners in my area and none (including myself) have received the OTA as of this morning.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score

lostnbroken

Reaction score
I asked Verizon on twitter whether it was still being pushed out and if we will be able to manually update as of tomorrow, this was their responce....

VZWSupport VZW Support
@

@TiffineeF Yes, gingerbread is being pushed out in stages. You can manually check for sw update on your device after 6/1. *AH

Tboy72

Reaction score
I asked Verizon on twitter whether it was still being pushed out and if we will be able to manually update as of tomorrow, this was their responce....

VZWSupport VZW Support
@

@TiffineeF Yes, gingerbread is being pushed out in stages. You can manually check for sw update on your device after 6/1. *AH

So to manually check for the update, we just go to about phone-system update? Can this be done over wifi or does it have to be over their 3g network?

Tboy72

Reaction score
So for those who have not installed GB I'm assuming tomorrow is the day that this update will be available to manually download by going to settings * about phone* and status. Hopefully there is no delay problems. :)

So, I'm assuming the GB update is for droid x2 as well? Does this have to be done over the 3g network or can it be over WiFi?

Tboy72

Reaction score
So what happens to all my applications and data on my Droid after (if) I actually get the GB update? Do all my applications continue to function? Do I need to do anything with them?

pcw

Reaction score
Southern California - Downloading GB now at :20 pm

Just checked my DX for software updates and Voila! There it was!:icon_ banana:

It's downloading as I type this.

Saxxton

Reaction score
Here it is! Gingerbread is now downloading! It's about freakin time!

Reaction score
Wow if its hitting you guys so early, guess its June for you, I'm gonna have to stay up till 12 and hope it happens for me.....

And to the guy going of that old delay rumor don't feel bad I did the same thing... lol