1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Jumpy Battery

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by AndyMan, Jan 21, 2011.

1. AndyMan

AndyMan New Member

So I have been having issues recently with my battery life not lasting more than a few hours with very limited use. What I have discovered, is that although the battery might say 20%, a simple reboot brought it back up to 80% (which seems right for the real usage). Anyone else have this problem? Could it be a faulty battery sensor or something like that?

I tried to make a video, but everything was too blurry because the numbers are so small..
  2. alwerner

alwerner New Member

I haven't tried the reboot but noticed that %'s aren't accurate. My phone typically says several hours >70%, then quickly drops to 20% but will then stay at 5% for hours.

It would make me worry about running out of "juice" but I have yet to run out of power during the day 5:30a to 10p with average use. If you focus on the % it will drive you crazy.

I didn't see this in the earlier ROMs (I'm running .6.2.1)
  3. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

Use Root Explorer, or equivalent), go to data>system>and delete batterystats.bin after you've charged your phone to 100%. This will help with battery meter accuracy.
  4. AndyMan

AndyMan New Member

thanks, ill give it a shot
  5. AndyMan

AndyMan New Member

the folder was empty.. Instead I charged the phone and cleared the battery statistics from the rom toolkit. we'll see if that helps
  6. webeougher

webeougher New Member

I'm having the same issue with three different batteries and I've recalibrated each of them with no luck. My battery stays at 70% for 2-3 hours, then drops to 50% and then to 20% all with 15-20 minutes. My time at 5% varies greatly, but I know yesterday I was at 5% for at least 8 hours, with around an hour of that spent playing Zenonia 2.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  7. volando

volando New Member

This is a known issue with latest versions of BB that a TON of people are getting. Peter claims that all of his phones and those of his close friends/family don't show this so he isn't able to debug it.
  8. polack

polack Member

wow! another thread? Why are the mods leaving things like this up. This isn't a huge problem. it's only happening to a few people. that's why pete isn't changing his rom. The few people should just swap roms. and stop creating more threads. This is hilarious, everyone wants to know why pete isn't checking these threads? it's probably because there a select few complaining about a problem only they are having. This is not directed at anyone in particular so don't get offended. this is a person who loves this rom and wants pete developing more like it. He does awesome work and if we tolerate these damn threads than why would he continue to develop for us?
  9. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

Should we start having people submit there posts to you for approval prior to putting them here? People post to get their problems seen by as many people as possible. The more people see the problem, even if it is happening to only a few, the more likely an answer can be found.

BTW, OP have you tried just reflashing the rom with no wipes?

See how that works?
  10. borq646

borq646 New Member

Wow! Another post by you saying the same crap over and over again? Why do the mods allow you to exist here still? And by exist I mean troll battery threads.

So what you are saying is since YOU don't have the problem, it doesn't exist?

I think Pete can handle threads like this. He's a big boy. He's not going to stop developing because some people bring up issues. Regardless if it is the same thing in multiple threads.

If YOU had an issue you would post a new thread too. Or you'd risk your post getting lost in a thread with a bunch of non-helpful posts like you constantly bring to these threads. And like I just did. But you deserve to be abused.

Now go get your shine box.
  11. borq646

borq646 New Member

I've actually had this issue with a few different ROMs. It's not just BB it seems.
  12. volando

volando New Member

People, stop responding to polack, he's just a troll that needs a good ban... we do have an 'ignore list' just for this!
  13. AndyMan

AndyMan New Member

I have tried reflashing in the past with and without clearing all cache and data. My issues is with consistincy. Some days it will be great battery life, and today, it went through 2 batteries, with no/minimal usage in about 7 hours.. somethings wrong, and its really hard to pin point if I have bad rom/battery/phone/etc..
  14. AndyMan

AndyMan New Member

one thing I imagine that might not help is using two batteries. My guess is it might confuse the phone, when you clear battery stats, so it gets use to the drainage properties of one battery for a while, and then a switched battery confuses it. I dont change batteries often, but while traveling, and not much access to power outlet, I usually keep a charged battery near by. That being the case today, two fully charged batteries barely lasted 7 hours, with barely any usage, no crazy programs running, a few reboots to make sure the output was correct..
  15. telex9471

telex9471 New Member

I never had this problem with any other ROM :-( I like BB but this is a very annoying issue to put up with if there is no fix. I have talked to many others about this in about 6 different threads and on even other droid forums. This is a huge issue with many users that use BB (new version). I switched back to SS and the problem went away. I am back on BB because I like the gingerbread components and a few other features. The battery issue will not give you shorter usage time you will just get inaccurate readings all day. Towards the end of the day you will get a red x saying your battery is completely gone but it will still work fine. I have a battery widget called "battery monitor widget" by 3c06 that actually show the real battery life. How does this battery widget have the real battery status and know the real and accurate battery levels? Where does it get the data from that BB cannot get it from?
  16. jk8

jk8 New Member

I've never run BB but have the same issue on Project Elite and had the issue on MIUI before that (search for the problem and you'll see it on multiple ROMs). I've drained and recalibrated multiple times, I've factory reset, I've even gotten a new battery with no luck. I'm assuming that it's some combination of apps or simply just some strange problem with my individual phone. You can get used to it but it becomes a problem once you set up battery saving measures such as to stop data transfer at 10% when my phone will last for several more hours after 10%.
  17. telex9471

telex9471 New Member

maybe thats Verizons way of getting back at us "Hackers" lol
  18. geoff5093

geoff5093 New Member

This isn't just BB, it happened to me on MIUI, UD, PE, and when I had a completely stock D1. The battery may say 50%, but after a reboot is back to 80%. I drain it down to 40% or so and reboot and it's back to 60-70%.
  19. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 New Member

Have you tried a liquid ROM? I switch to lfy1.95 from bb6.2.1 and it's showing the proper batt stats in notification tab for me now. Just throwing it out there. Hope you figure it out. Oh and I'm using a sapphire 1.1ghz lv kernel if you were wondering about that too.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  20. geoff5093

geoff5093 New Member

I have not, but I've tried kernels from ChevyNo1, Sapphire, P3Droid, Slayher, and the ones built into ROM's. I've had better luck with Chevy kernels, but at the moment I'm trying out a 1GHz kernel from P3Droid.