JuiceDefender & SetCPU

dwd

Reaction score
I have a moto droid w/ 2.2 & BB v0.4 w/928Droid Black Glass , I'm a newbie to all this stuff, got to the point I'm at via google & youtube haha.

First question, I'm using JuiceDefender, is there a better app out there for saving the battery? This one works great EXCEPT when I'm at work w/ my headphones on, listening to Pandora INTERNET radio, juicedeffender likes to shut off my data, what can I do about this issue?

Other question is about SetCPU, again is there a better app for this? I see everyone talking about 1ghz & 1.2ghz the highest I've seen is 800 & whats a good app for monitoring it?

thanks 4 reading dancedroid

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been swapping back and forth between these two looking for the balance of speed/lack of lag and battery life. I don't believe you want to run JD's CPU control along side with setCPU.

That being said, you can select which apps in JD that you want JD to let run. That might be all you need to keep that portion of the data connection going. I'm running just JD for the cpu monitoring and haven't noticed any excessive battery life drain (it's only been today on current set ups) but am watching.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Other question is about SetCPU, again is there a better app for this? I see everyone talking about 1ghz & 1.2ghz the highest I've seen is 800

I believe SetCPU is the gold standard right now. How high you can overclock depends on your kernel.

OP
dwd

dwd

Reaction score
this is where i start getting lost, the kernel as in bugless beast? or am I missing something... Ive had this phone about a week and a half lol had a palm treo before this lmao

OP
dwd

dwd

Reaction score
I've been swapping back and forth between these two looking for the balance of speed/lack of lag and battery life. I don't believe you want to run JD's CPU control along side with setCPU.

That being said, you can select which apps in JD that you want JD to let run. That might be all you need to keep that portion of the data connection going. I'm running just JD for the cpu monitoring and haven't noticed any excessive battery life drain (it's only been today on current set ups) but am watching.

I will check into JD , thanks

OP
dwd

dwd

Reaction score

example one of how slow I am, just relized JD is juice defender. lmao

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score

example one of how slow I am, just relized JD is juice defender. lmao
:D

good.gif

harrellj

Reaction score
this is where i start getting lost, the kernel as in bugless beast? or am I missing something... Ive had this phone about a week and a half lol had a palm treo before this lmao

Bugless Beast would be the ROM. A kernel is for changing the CPU speed. If you want to start overclocking, there's an overclocking 101 thread on this forum with good information.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
dwd

dwd

Reaction score

Bugless Beast would be the ROM. A kernel is for changing the CPU speed. If you want to start overclocking, there's an overclocking 101 thread on this forum with good information.

could i possibly maybee get a link out of ya? I get lost in these endless boards on here lol I think i seen that one before but i have no clue where it was

jcolt

Reaction score

could i possibly maybee get a link out of ya? I get lost in these endless boards on here lol I think i seen that one before but i have no clue where it was

Just search overclock 101 and you will find it. You need to download a kernal to overclock. P3droid and chevy1 are good kernals. If you google P3droid you will find his site and you can download the kernal of your choice. Then from clockwork mod revovery just apply the zip file. then when you reboot go to setcpu and change the speed be sure to backup before installing the kernal. If u get stuck in a bootloop re apply your backup and then download a different kernal usually a lower speed.

djrakun

Reaction score
Imho juice defender sucks. Just set our setcpu profiles the following way: <80 % go 800mhz, when screen off go <=400 mhz, high temp go 550mhz. I get about 16hrs this way with chevy's ulv kernel. Juicedefender killed my battery. The default profile reduced me to ten hrs. I know there are lots of people in love with jd, but it's done nothing for me.

jcolt

Reaction score

Just search overclock 101 and you will find it. You need to download a kernal to overclock. P3droid and chevy1 are good kernals. If you google P3droid you will find his site and you can download the kernal of your choice. Then from clockwork mod revovery just apply the zip file. then when you reboot go to setcpu and change the speed be sure to backup before installing the kernal. If u get stuck in a bootloop re apply your backup and then download a different kernal usually a lower speed.

I think this is the link on overclocking

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/47871-overclocking-101-a.htm

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Imho juice defender sucks. Just set our setcpu profiles the following way: <80 % go 800mhz, when screen off go <=400 mhz, high temp go 550mhz. I get about 16hrs this way with chevy's ulv kernel. Juicedefender killed my battery. The default profile reduced me to ten hrs. I know there are lots of people in love with jd, but it's done nothing for me.

don't forget, identical phones, running the same apps and the same settings will most likely have different, usually very different, results in battery life and performance.

But input like that quoted is the kind of stuff you want to research and try different settings to find what works best on your phone

OP
dwd

dwd

Reaction score
i get 7 hours max out of my phone on a good day...