Juice Defender?

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Okay, so I've heard that Juice Defender doesn't work with the Motorola Droid running 2.1. I've also heard that it does work; so which statement is correct?

I currently have it installed, and the widget says my battery life is "X1.39" (it varies). Some of the people who say it doesn't work report getting a result of "X1.0", so it must be working for me, correct?

What are some methods to test if the application is indeed working or not?

Thanks in advance! I look forward to all of your replies!

nphil

Reaction score
JuiceDefender | Google Groups

It doesn't work for the Droid because modifying the APN list is pointless for CDMA phones.

Bring up Voice Dialer and say "Open APN". Now change the default APN's there to something else, your data will still work (This is what JD does btw). I've been trying to help the dev come up with some alternative, join the test group!

OP
M

mkthnx001

Reaction score
JuiceDefender | Google Groups

It doesn't work for the Droid because modifying the APN list is pointless for CDMA phones.

Bring up Voice Dialer and say "Open APN". Now change the default APN's there to something else, your data will still work (This is what JD does btw). I've been trying to help the dev come up with some alternative, join the test group!

Okay, thanks for your help!

Just to be sure, the ~0.36 increase in battery life that the widget displays means nothing based on what you're saying, correct?

nphil

Reaction score
Nope, because the app is programmed that way. Since the Droid does have an APN list (albeit being redundant) , juicedefender modifies it and assumes it actually works. The number you see is calculated based on how long your APN was (not) disabled - nothing more nothing less.

OP
M

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Nope, because the app is programmed that way. Since the Droid does have an APN list (albeit being redundant) , juicedefender modifies it and assumes it actually works. The number you see is calculated based on how long your APN was (not) disabled - nothing more nothing less.

Okay, thanks!

Time to uninstall Juice Defender than; it's using battery life, not saving it. :p

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I didn't know that. I'm gonna uninstall too.

searayman

Reaction score
It currently does not work on the droid, But I am part of the team helping beta test a version that does. Currently the developer is getting pretty close to creating a version of juice defender to work on the droid and other cdma android devices.

He is fairly responsive to us testers and all the logs of data we send him, so just be patient cause one will come eventually. I am not sayign soon, cause thats up to the dev. But latest test I believs does cut data but is having trouble restoring it.

I will let you all know how things go

OP
M

mkthnx001

Reaction score
It currently does not work on the droid, But I am part of the team helping beta test a version that does. Currently the developer is getting pretty close to creating a version of juice defender to work on the droid and other cdma android devices.

He is fairly responsive to us testers and all the logs of data we send him, so just be patient cause one will come eventually. I am not sayign soon, cause thats up to the dev. But latest test I believs does cut data but is having trouble restoring it.

I will let you all know how things go

Alright, thanks. I really appreciate your assistance!