Juice Defender

searayman

Reaction score
If anyone is using juice defender what kind of gains are you seeing with it?

Also if screen is off and and apn is turning on for 2min ever 15min will i still get text messages instantly?

DROIDsballs

Reaction score
This is an incredible app. I have instantly seen an improvement in my battery and haven't really noticed a difference in the delivery of mms.

My question is has anyone purchased ultimate juice and have you seen an even more increased battery life with it?

Last edited:
OP
S

searayman

Reaction score
This is an incredible app. I have instantly seen an improvement in my battery and haven't really noticed a difference in the delivery of mms.

My question is has anyone purchased ultimate juice and have you seen an even more increased battery life with it?

I bough ultimate juice, and well it only just unlocks features such as shorter time and stuff with wifi and location. But i dont really use wifi and I didnt really use the free one for a long period of time to be able to compare. Paid version might also give you the widget too but i could be wrong.

Cowpoke

Reaction score
If anyone is using juice defender what kind of gains are you seeing with it?

Also if screen is off and and apn is turning on for 2min ever 15min will i still get text messages instantly?

I have the free and havn't noticed much improvement. I'm sure if your screen is off most of the time it would improve it quite a bit, but if you us your phone much I don't think it does much.

TheDJ

Reaction score
Does it still sync Gmail the same exact way it would if you did not have the app installed? I rely on getting the notifications for my Gmail.. thanks

Reaction score
Does it still sync Gmail the same exact way it would if you did not have the app installed? I rely on getting the notifications for my Gmail.. thanks
It does.. and same with texts and calls. I have ultimate juice and my extended battery lasts 35 hours now instead of 31 =]

bright2018

Reaction score
It does.. and same with texts and calls. I have ultimate juice and my extended battery lasts 35 hours now instead of 31 =]

What other apps do you have installed to help increase your battery life? How much do you use it (i.e., texting, talking, web browsing, etc). I'm lucky to get 12 hours out of mine.

shiccy

Reaction score
I am in low connection areas when at work, and I don't check my phone often there either. Because of this, I turned it on the 8 minutes every two hours while there ... My battery is usually at 30 - 50 percent with minimal to no use at work, w/ this enabled I had 50% at the end of the day with quite a bit of use. In short I like it, works well, and with the 2hr update doesn't let things come in instantly, so I can send a text and it is a couple minutes before I get an update ...

Per the status message I've got a multiplier of 2.5x my original battery, so that's pretty darned good considering. Also my phone would get about 15 hours and it says I'll get 21hrs now with a fairly high predictability rating, so ... It works, I like it, and I paid for the full version.

OP
S

searayman

Reaction score
I am in low connection areas when at work, and I don't check my phone often there either. Because of this, I turned it on the 8 minutes every two hours while there ... My battery is usually at 30 - 50 percent with minimal to no use at work, w/ this enabled I had 50% at the end of the day with quite a bit of use. In short I like it, works well, and with the 2hr update doesn't let things come in instantly, so I can send a text and it is a couple minutes before I get an update ...

Per the status message I've got a multiplier of 2.5x my original battery, so that's pretty darned good considering. Also my phone would get about 15 hours and it says I'll get 21hrs now with a fairly high predictability rating, so ... It works, I like it, and I paid for the full version.

you should still get text messages instantly if they are commin in through your carrier. If you are getting text through data then they will only come in when data is enabled

OP
S

searayman

Reaction score
update: Google voice now has push, but juice defender will block those texts as they come in through 3g. If you want to use texts from google voice you need to use the 406 numbers

smargm

Reaction score
Im having issues with gmail the apn is set to allow 3minutes every 15minutes so realistically I should receive emails within 15 minutes of them being sent and a notification but I don't get this?

Any solutions?

ldimick

Reaction score

What other apps do you have installed to help increase your battery life? How much do you use it (i.e., texting, talking, web browsing, etc). I'm lucky to get 12 hours out of mine.

He has an EXTENDED battery. Twice the capacity.

Boardwalk30

Reaction score
Has anybody with a CDMA Verizon Droid seen this improve their life? The droid, for the time being, cannot have its APN turned off except through dialing the programming phone #.