Juice Defender

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by searayman, Mar 2, 2010.

1. searayman

searayman New Member

If anyone is using juice defender what kind of gains are you seeing with it?

Also if screen is off and and apn is turning on for 2min ever 15min will i still get text messages instantly?
  2. DROIDsballs

DROIDsballs New Member

This is an incredible app. I have instantly seen an improvement in my battery and haven't really noticed a difference in the delivery of mms.

My question is has anyone purchased ultimate juice and have you seen an even more increased battery life with it?
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  3. searayman

searayman New Member

I bough ultimate juice, and well it only just unlocks features such as shorter time and stuff with wifi and location. But i dont really use wifi and I didnt really use the free one for a long period of time to be able to compare. Paid version might also give you the widget too but i could be wrong.
  4. Cowpoke

Cowpoke New Member

I have the free and havn't noticed much improvement. I'm sure if your screen is off most of the time it would improve it quite a bit, but if you us your phone much I don't think it does much.
  5. searayman

searayman New Member

6. TheDJ

TheDJ New Member

Does it still sync Gmail the same exact way it would if you did not have the app installed? I rely on getting the notifications for my Gmail.. thanks
  7. joshnichols189

joshnichols189 New Member

It does.. and same with texts and calls. I have ultimate juice and my extended battery lasts 35 hours now instead of 31 =]
  8. TheDJ

TheDJ New Member

OK great, I will give it a try.
  9. bright2018

bright2018 New Member

What other apps do you have installed to help increase your battery life? How much do you use it (i.e., texting, talking, web browsing, etc). I'm lucky to get 12 hours out of mine.
  10. shiccy

shiccy New Member

I am in low connection areas when at work, and I don't check my phone often there either. Because of this, I turned it on the 8 minutes every two hours while there ... My battery is usually at 30 - 50 percent with minimal to no use at work, w/ this enabled I had 50% at the end of the day with quite a bit of use. In short I like it, works well, and with the 2hr update doesn't let things come in instantly, so I can send a text and it is a couple minutes before I get an update ...

Per the status message I've got a multiplier of 2.5x my original battery, so that's pretty darned good considering. Also my phone would get about 15 hours and it says I'll get 21hrs now with a fairly high predictability rating, so ... It works, I like it, and I paid for the full version.
  11. searayman

searayman New Member

you should still get text messages instantly if they are commin in through your carrier. If you are getting text through data then they will only come in when data is enabled
  12. searayman

searayman New Member

update: Google voice now has push, but juice defender will block those texts as they come in through 3g. If you want to use texts from google voice you need to use the 406 numbers
  13. smargm

smargm New Member

Im having issues with gmail the apn is set to allow 3minutes every 15minutes so realistically I should receive emails within 15 minutes of them being sent and a notification but I don't get this?

Any solutions?
  14. ldimick

ldimick New Member

He has an EXTENDED battery. Twice the capacity.
  15. Boardwalk30

Boardwalk30 New Member

Has anybody with a CDMA Verizon Droid seen this improve their life? The droid, for the time being, cannot have its APN turned off except through dialing the programming phone #.
  16. xrstoy1

xrstoy1 New Member

According to what I saw when I purchased Ultamite Juice it doesn't work on a DSroid with 2.1, or rooted 2.1 system so I uninstalled it. I allways just have. x1.0 to me thats normal no advantage I am still running Free Juice. So Does anyone know for sure if it works or not.
  17. xrstoy1

xrstoy1 New Member

Maybe the Apn widget helps

:icon_ banana: I have a CDMA Droid with the stock 2.1 update. I've had JuiceDefender installed even at 2.01. My widget was always at 1.0
    I didn't know what it should show nut to me 1.0 was no gain. I purchased UltamiteJuice then saw it doesn't work on the 2.1
    update so I returned it. I've had the usaual settings on JD 1 min evey 15 so on, still always 1.0. If i left my phone off the charger
    overnight i would drop 30% of my battery everytime. So yesterday I was playing around and I brought up the apn widget. I'm not sure
    if it came with the free JD or UJ. But I installed the Apn widget in the afternoon and turned off apn. Well no it really didn't turn off Apn but
    I noticed that I did seem to get much better life it took a couple hours to drop 10%. Before just a half hour drive into work and a little email shecking it would drop 10%. And amazilngly the JD wideget went to 1.03 as the afternoon progressed it went up to maybey the highest 1.06. So last night
    fully charghes I left it off the charger that was 10:30 pm. I woke this morning 5:00 am still at 90% Wow I thought. I have done my normal
    email stuff and even a little playing with juice plotter it'd now 6:30 am and I'm still at 90% and the widget is at 1.52%. Now for the plotter yseterday afternoon
    Juice pLotter was showing the the radio was Wi-fi so I figured the widget turned off Apn. But looking at last night plotter it show apn on always.
    But something good has happened. Maybe 2.1 needs the widget to help it work just thought you might be interested in this info. The only other thing I did
    was 2 days ago I installed Appolo Task killer and had task shut ooff after 1 min but even with that the first night I went from 50% power to 20 , and 15 as soon as I accesd my email. Task killer the first night killed plotter so I could look at that night but it is now ignored. Bottom line the widget seemed to change something for the better.
  18. searayman

searayman New Member

RIght now it does not work with cdma droid, it used to with 2.01. I am thinkign of flashing back to droidmod to use juice defender cause thats 2.01 still
  19. SpykeZ

SpykeZ New Member

Im startin to think it broke in the last update, not only can I notget my mms messages when I had juicedefender installed but my battery life wasn't as good, at this point in the day I usually have about 20 or less percent left on th battery, ive used it more today than normal and im sittin on 40 percent left
  20. Taegost

Taegost New Member

It's given me quite a bit more battery life, I don't know the exact figures, but the widget says x1.88, and I get about 16-17 hours out of a charge on a Moto Droid with moderate usage and eBuddy running all day.
    When I was using Meebo, it would suck the battery down and I'd be lucky to get 9-10 hours out of it... It wouldn't even make it through a day of work without dying!
Search tags for this page
does juice defender work
how to use juice defender
is juice defender worth it

juice defender

juice defender app review
juice defender forum
juice defender forums

juice defender review

juice defender reviews
juice defender wiki
juice defender wikipedia