Juice Defender not working after 4.3 update

Nugiange

Reaction score
Anyone else notice this? After the 4.3 update, juice defender no longer works. Battery life is worse.

bbtkd

Reaction score
Anyone else notice this? After the 4.3 update, juice defender no longer works. Battery life is worse.

I was once a fan of Juice Defender, when I had a Bionic that just didn't have the battery life I wanted. It sure did the job of conserving power, but when I went to the S4 I had much better battery life so went without JD. I quickly realized how much of a sacrifice it was with JD controlling my radios. Using JD I would often have apps erring out or hanging due to lack of signal. It would not always turn the radios back on as it should, and I would need to reboot regularly to clear up issues. That said, I am not surprised that it broke or changed behavior upon a new OS update, since it needs to control the phone and any changes to the OS could break it. They'll fix it, though you may want to contact them. To control my Wifi - and turn it off when not near my known Wifi locations - I now use Wi-Fi Matic.

OP
N

Nugiange

Reaction score
That would work for me because at home and at work I'm primarily on the same cell tower

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was use greenify especially days I need to get more out of my battery life or an app (ie google maps) is running in the background even after being killed off and is causing my battery life to drop faster than normal.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I use a combination of Greenify and BatteryGuru. I was never a fan of JD because I always ran into issues with it.