Juice Defender: any 2.01 roms still out there?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by searayman, Apr 15, 2010.

1. searayman

searayman New Member

Are there any 2.01 roms still out there that i can flash back to? Right now the juice defender app only works with 2.01 not 2.1 so if anyone is on a 2.01 rom could you let me know if juice defender is doing its job for you?

Thanks
  2. nphil

nphil New Member

it er.. never worked for 2.0.1 either. Modifying the telephony.db file (which is what JD does) doesn't work for cdma phones. The dev is working on a fix, check out the google group.
  3. cplus

cplus New Member

oooohhhhh Juice Defender...

I thought it worked at first. Then I was sure it didn't. Uninstalled and never looked back...
  4. masprague

masprague New Member

Just wait hess getting closer everyday on his google group to getting the cdma and 2.1 problem solved.
  5. dro

dro New Member

Seems to work well for me. You need to understand how it works though. When your phone is idle it shuts down a few things that we can not control otherwise, and saves a lot of power in doing so. I have noticed a considerable change, somewhere in the neighborhood of double. With very heavy use I see little improvement, however, over periods of lighter use the improvement is amazing.
  6. nphil

nphil New Member

are you sure it works for you? Use the widget to turn off APN. Now open your browser or use a ping app and see if either work.
  7. agent42o

agent42o New Member

DroidMod is 2.01 i believe.
  8. masprague

masprague New Member

If you are running a 2.1 rom on a CDMA phone (i.e. Droid) Juice defender does NOT work. It may look like it is working (esp. with Juice Plotter) but in fact he has had some problems with CDMA APNs.

I am in his beta test and we are all working on giving Mark (aka Latedroid) our logs so he can get it working for CDMA phones...

Just be patient soon there will be a working Juice and we will all experience what it can do for our battery.