Juat @ VZW Triwd Incredible & 100% keeping my Droid

Rollingbones

Reaction score
The only thing I've found that is a step backwards is that the battery life is a tad bit shorter with the Incredible, but then how one manages his/her phones power usage has a lot to do with it not to mention how the phone manages it. Will Seido come out with a battery brick like it did with the Moto remains to be seen, but more than likely... No doubt there's reasons to jump ship, but then there's also reasons to stay put!!!

As for the Subway... good luck with that. Hey, maybe the iPhone might be the answer to reception in the tunnel thingy...errrr I guess not! Oh well....

cplus

Reaction score
Just played with incredible for an hour here in my office. Two things.

1. IT IS SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FAST. BEAUTIFUL. QUALITY. [except the crappy screen! haha!! White backrgrounds look BLUISH! Yuk!]

2. I'M KEEPING MY DROID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Droid screen looks SOOOOOOOOOOO much better. OMG, side by side the DROID screen is hands down better than the Incredible.]

Note, I don't know if I would still want to keep my DROID if it was running stock. OC and themed brings it right up near par with The Inc...

Incredible > Stock DROID
Incredible = Root DROID (EDIT: I'm browsing and posting now at 550 MHz because I'm on the charger... it soooo sloooow laggy. Stock Droid does not hold up against the DInc.)

It is just silly to not OC the D.

Last edited:

Lynx

Reaction score

1. IT IS SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FAST. BEAUTIFUL. QUALITY. [except the crappy screen! haha!! White backrgrounds look BLUISH! Yuk!]

2. I'M KEEPING MY DROID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Droid screen looks SOOOOOOOOOOO much better. OMG, side by side the DROID screen is hands down better than the Incredible.]

Note, I don't know if I would still want to keep my DROID if it was running stock. OC and themed brings it right up near par with The Inc...

Incredible > Stock DROID
Incredible = Root DROID

I hope your joking about the screen. How on earth can you say that the incredible has a crappy screen? The screen is hands down the best I have seen, and the touchscreen is the best I have used ever. I have a Droid and the Incredible so im not bias here. But the argument on the screen just doesnt seem right IMO.

BzB

Reaction score
i don't know...the screen on my droid is VERY good. the screen on my incredible is good too and seems more vivid than the droid, but the colors do seem a bit exaggerated compared to the droid. you can also see the touch sensor grid in the incredible, but it's not visible on the droid. i wouldn't say one is hands down better than the other.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
i don't know...the screen on my droid is VERY good. the screen on my incredible is good too and seems more vivid than the droid, but the colors do seem a bit exaggerated compared to the droid. you can also see the touch sensor grid in the incredible, but it's not visible on the droid. i wouldn't say one is hands down better than the other.

You would be surprised how many ppl will not get it with that being one of the reasons. I cant say for sure if one of those is me. I got to go to a store today and play with one.....

cplus

Reaction score

Incredible > Stock DROID
Incredible = Root DROID

I hope your joking about the screen. How on earth can you say that the incredible has a crappy screen? The screen is hands down the best I have seen, and the touchscreen is the best I have used ever. I have a Droid and the Incredible so im not bias here. But the argument on the screen just doesnt seem right IMO.

If you have both phones and good eyes, you can easily confirm the following points. Unless the Inc. I had is screen defective somehow..

-white appeared to be light blue in Inc. when side by side the DROID appeared very WHITE. Go to Google in the browser on both phones and compare side to side..

-i could make out pixels with my plain eye anywhere I look. I can even see there appear to be different sized pixels. Not a problem, but compared to DROID it is obvious.
-Left edge of text in settings menu items show MAJOR pixelation. For instance, look at the left edge of the 'L' in 'Location & Security' in settings..
-Something seemed wrong and blurry with with certain colors. I've read this to be described as oversaturation. Compare more web pages in the browsers. For instance do a comparison with both browsers opened to the main DF.net page or try others that you visit regularly.

Hey hey, just my opinion... And your opinion is that my opinion is a little strong. ALL GOOD bro. ;)

The Inc. is absolutely gorgeous in everyway but that chintzy looking screen... Though it's reaction to touch input seems to be at least slightly above the DROID.

Note: I do not feel as strongly about some of my observed weaknesses with the Inc. screen when it ISN'T side by side with that handsome, fine, FINE Droid screen.

Whether I owned both, either or NEITHER, I would still offer the same observations. Cheers!

dunamis

Reaction score

Incredible > Stock DROID
Incredible = Root DROID

either I'm blind or something...I have my droid next to me with the INC and my INC screen is better (not by much).

Speed....INC is smoother and maybe tad faster than my rooted droid.

but hey....each to it's own....

cplus

Reaction score

You would be surprised how many ppl will not get it with that being one of the reasons. I cant say for sure if one of those is me. I got to go to a store today and play with one.....

Totally. Go play with it for yourself for sure though because really, it might be like trying to decide if a Testarossa is better than a Countach! =)

cplus

Reaction score

Incredible > Stock DROID
Incredible = Root DROID

either I'm blind or something...I have my droid next to me with the INC and my INC screen is better (not by much).

Speed....INC is smoother and maybe tad faster than my rooted droid.

but hey....each to it's own....

Thats great. However It would be better if you can you list what you like about ihe Inc's screen better than DROID's. Just share a couple of points if you would. Thanks!

7isfx7

Reaction score
you can also see the touch sensor grid in the incredible, but it's not visible on the droid. i wouldn't say one is hands down better than the other.

First thing I noticed on the incredible also, the colors and brightness are better on the dinc though.

BzB

Reaction score

i know. you can't see it with the screen on. and it doesn't jump out at you with the screen off either. but if you know what to look for it is more obvious than the droid's screen.

Aluminum21

Reaction score
Unless you plan to use the phone w/ the battery cover off the "Ferrari Red" colors are essentially not noticeable. Don't plan on the chicks staring at not noticeable as seemingly reported as important in many blogs/discussions. Don't plan on the chicks staring at you with that Droid lust some expect OVERALL:::::

just thought I comment on this. When I walked out of Best Buy this morning with my phone a 5ft 9inch Brunette model noticed the design of the phone and approached me. Let's just say she at my place an hour later...

OP
nomadicnut

nomadicnut

Reaction score
OP here... yep HTCI in hand.. for fear of........

For fear of being toasted here I will reserve my initial observations til I am confident enough to speak with a great degree of confidence. :)

Oh yea battery life sucks so bad you can "Hear" the battery fizzle as it drains itself in an unusual way.

I will keep 3 / 40 watt solar panels attached permanently to my donkey as we roam the country side.

Cheers for now.. ooooops almost out of power.... Later.

Last edited:

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score

Incredible > Stock DROID
Incredible = Root DROID

Could you please post (or PM) what mod and method you used to root? I'm thinking about it but then I read stuff like this:http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-help/40232-seriously-scared.html

OP
nomadicnut

nomadicnut

Reaction score
fm radio & 7 screens. IMO

Unless you live in an urban area the GMT radio is less than ok.

On a positive note the 7 home screens are fabulous.