Juat @ VZW Triwd Incredible & 100% keeping my Droid

Maverick0984

Reaction score
It was a hand me down from my nephew when he got his 3g

Can you get me in contact with the stooges you do business with? :blink:

1st Gen iPhone for a Droid, and selling a used one on eBay for $400...

I have some water I'd like to sell to fish.

clue2010

Reaction score
It was a hand me down from my nephew when he got his 3g

Can you get me in contact with the stooges you do business with? :blink:

1st Gen iPhone for a Droid, and selling a used one on eBay for $400...

I have some water I'd like to sell to fish.

LOL:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

OP
nomadicnut

nomadicnut

Reaction score
OP here... OK Gang... I got an upgrade card from VZW today

So after all the bantering back and forth I am confused. LOL

Shall or shall I not tomorrow @ 8am get the Incredible or stick with my "old" Droid.

Youu guys are tough. Seems as though I am slow and maybe this phone is worth the "free" upgrade I am entitled to.

And no the red will get me no chicks.... LOL :)

Speak now with your REAL input or forever hold the old Droid.....

clue2010

Reaction score

Shall or shall I not tomorrow @ 8am get the Incredible or stick with my "old" Droid.

Youu guys are tough. Seems as though I am slow and maybe this phone is worth the "free" upgrade I am entitled to.

And no the red will get me no chicks.... LOL:)
I would say... GO FOR IT" I CANT WAIT TO GET MINE...:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

OP
nomadicnut

nomadicnut

Reaction score
My original post and it's intent....

I gather I got what I was asking for.

A true open based post that would garner a wild discussion.

Wow what I didn't expect was the response or the overwhelming views it generated.

Got the as* kicking I should have expected.

8am 4/29 I am guaranteed a new Incredible....

Damn,,,,,,,,,,,,, I am not sure what to do????

Save the pig....

Maverick0984

Reaction score

And no the red will get me no chicks.... LOL :)

Speak now with your REAL input or forever hold the old Droid.....

I wouldn't, root your Droid and make it yours.

Don't waste a free upgrade on a lateral move. If, and I do mean if, you consider the Incredible an upgrade, it is marginal, at best. There will be something better than the Incredible in 6 months, and 6 months after that, something will beat that.

It'll still cost you money to make the change, might as well make it worth it.

<3 my physical keyboard and overclocked CPU. Eat that Incredible ;)

OP
nomadicnut

nomadicnut

Reaction score
Thx Dude

And no the red will get me no chicks.... LOL:)
I would say... GO FOR IT" I CANT WAIT TO GET MINE...:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

I am just a hillbilly and trying to make the right choice. I may be easier for more intelligent folk,,,, But for me, wow I am confused.
I Sense the UI lol

RubberSoul

Reaction score
I orderd my htcinc off verizon.com using my sisters upgrade. Im giving her my old droid tomorrow once my phone arrives. The number one reason I am doing this is for the camera. I love taking pics and uploading them to facebook directly from the phone. Ill be partying my ass off at Sasquatch fest on Memorial Day weekend, and look forward to taking many pics! Ill probably have this untill june 2011 (next summer) then my upgrade will be available and Ill get the latest and greatest phone. My ONLY concern about this phone will be when 2.2 comes out. HTC has a horrible reputation for not updating there devices, but since its running 2.1, I dont think it will take as much effort to go to 2.2 as it would have from 1.5 to 2.1. Any thoughts?

OP
nomadicnut

nomadicnut

Reaction score
As I said dude... THE CAMERA ROCKS

I orderd my htcinc off verizon.com using my sisters upgrade. Im giving her my old droid tomorrow once my phone arrives. The number one reason I am doing this is for the camera. I love taking pics and uploading them to facebook directly from the phone. Ill be partying my ass off at Sasquatch fest on Memorial Day weekend, and look forward to taking many pics! Ill probably have this untill june 2011 (next summer) then my upgrade will be available and Ill get the latest and greatest phone. My ONLY concern about this phone will be when 2.2 comes out. HTC has a horrible reputation for not updating there devices, but since its running 2.1, I dont think it will take as much effort to go to 2.2 as it would have from 1.5 to 2.1. Any thoughts?

Makes as I said the "old droid" camera seem as though it is old school.

In my tests the camera on the HTCI is so much, and I mean so much superior to the "original Droid" that it is a tech marvel for a cell phone.

You will be thrilled beyond your dreams.................. Have fun Yeti man !

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
only reason i got one was to see if i could r00t and flash CM.... original droid has become ugly and boring to me... let the games begin

not a fan of sense and look forward to making a vanilla android phone

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
I gather I got what I was asking for.

A true open based post that would garner a wild discussion.

Wow what I didn't expect was the response or the overwhelming views it generated.

Got the as* kicking I should have expected.

8am 4/29 I am guaranteed a new Incredible....

Damn,,,,,,,,,,,,, I am not sure what to do????

Save the pig....

If I knew 6 weeks ago what I know now I might have waited, and maybe gotten the Incredible instead of the Droid; for the better camera, faster processor, more RAM. But I was past my 30 day exchange window. The Verizon guy figured a way I could've gotten the Incredible at the promo price, but after some thought, forum reading, and youtube viewing I decided to stick with my Droid for now.
I guess I came to the same conclusion Maverick did, more or less. I'm going to wait and see what the next crop of phones bring and revisit the issue; meanwhile I might root, or possibly OC.
Good luck whatever you decide.
:rockon:

inetmarketing

Reaction score
Hey,

When I upgraded I didn't know of the Incredible.

I'm 2 weeks into my 30 day exchange period. I wanted the improved camera and faster processor, but the reps said each store is only getting 10 phones
tomorrow, and hes not sure when more will arrive. :mad:

My wife, well she won't budge from her moto droid. I originally wanted the
moto droid because its slide keyboard, but the keys are hard to work with.
I now use the wider touch pad solely.

Aluminum21

Reaction score
only reason i got one was to see if i could r00t and flash CM.... original droid has become ugly and boring to me... let the games begin

not a fan of sense and look forward to making a vanilla android phone

The phone wasn't necessarily boring to me but I did feel it that it was quite ugly after a couple months of use

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Hey,

When I upgraded I didn't know of the Incredible.

I'm 2 weeks into my 30 day exchange period. I wanted the improved camera and faster processor, but the reps said each store is only getting 10 phones
tomorrow, and hes not sure when more will arrive. :mad:

My wife, well she won't budge from her moto droid. I originally wanted the
moto droid because its slide keyboard, but the keys are hard to work with.
I now use the wider touch pad solely.

The Verizon store?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok. I came from the Omnia 1. This is what I was initially looking for:

Phone with a big screen.
Better touchscreen experience.
Since I had a bad touchscreen with the Omnia1, I wanted a physical keyboard.
Unlocked GPS. (Yea they unlocked it with an software update and with the Omnia 2, but by then the damage was done, I didnt want no parts of it.)
Play mp3s.
FM radio. (I used this alot on my Omnia1)
Can get reception in my building.
Can work in the subway tunnels.

Enter the Droid. It has everything EXCEPT the FM radio. Was a no brainer for me. Now, things I learned about after I got my Droid:

Lots of free apps.
Can overclock for more speed and underclock for batter battery life by rooting.
File managers are waaay better on the Droid; easier to see, manipulate files and folders.
battery life was better on my Omnia 1. (about the ONLY thing better about my Omnia 1)

Now, I just got my Droid the beginning of April. I still got time to switch. Enter the Incredible. Since I can root my Droid and get close to the look and feel of the Incredible, the only things that have me considering switching are:

Does it get better reception?
Does it work underground in the subways?
Is the battery life the same or better? *(not really a want but a hope/wish: If it cant be rooted, does it underclock on its own when on sleep/standby?)*
FM radio.

The only way to tell with the first 3 is to get it and use it. (which I'm thinking about doing now) if those are worse than the Droid, u can stop reading rest of my post, :icon_ banana:

After that, it comes down to: FM radio vs. physical keyboard. If the Droid gets Flash soon, (I read it is) the FM radio part is not an issue cuz I can listen to RadioTime thru my browser. (Right now the RadioTime app only picks up half of my local stations; thats still waay better than all the other radio apps. I gotta have my morning shows and evening talkshows)

And if folks dont know, the Droid had a hardware upgrade where they raised the keys on the physical keyboard. I never had an issue with the flat keys, I mean u can still feel the individual keys.

And to the OP about needing the headphones to listen to the radio in bed: Cant u put mini speakers in the headphone jack? The only thing I would hate is if like the Omnia 1, u needed a lil extension piece to listen to the radio. It made for some ugly, longer than normal wires hanging from my head. The extension had a antenna in it.

And I just learned yesterday about the Shadow. Happy times indeed for us Droid users.....:blink:

Last edited: