JRummy's Remix Rom CyanMod 5.0.5-V0.1 (3-21-2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeeler

Reaction score
How do I do a nandroid restore if I'm using clockwork recovery?

YOU COULD DOWNLOAD DMUpdater from the market and let it flash SirPsychos nandroid recovery image, then just do an advanced nandroid backup of your current ROM setup and follow the posted instructions in post 1 to download and setup this ROM....hope this helps

I cant seem to find DMUpdater in the market. What am i missing?

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

First, download the recovery image (I would upload it but my computer is being retarded right now) and place it on the root of your sdcard.
Go into terminal emulator and type the following

su
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-0.99.3b.img
reboot recovery

(I think this is a little easier than DMUpdater for those who want to flash recovery images quickly)

tdog7879

Reaction score
So far i have downloaded Nandroid w/ Adamz's kernal here: Adamz no JIT, restored data from my previous NexDeep JRummy ROM and everything is running great...

I'm overclocked at 1.1ghz with SetCPU...i have installed the Handcent hack with TE and ran these scripts with TE as well: rmcorpcal, rmdevtool, rmemail, rmgenie, rmmms, rmmount, rmquickoffice, rmslide, rmsoundrecorder, rmspareparts and rmtalk...i also did the soundoff script AND the clockblack script as well....All is running smooth after rebooting a couple times....

This seems to be an awesome ROM so far...I will not be switching anytime soon.....Thanks JRummy.........:icon_ banana:
can you explain the handcent hack?? And as far as the scripts you just go into terminal emulator and just type ..i have never used this program:icon_eek: Also why would you remove email ,mms,mount, and what is slide? And could someone explain what the free 50mb ,75mb,100mb I think i understand but not 100% sure ...which one would be Ideal??? Thanks for any questions answer

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
So far i have downloaded Nandroid w/ Adamz's kernal here: Adamz no JIT, restored data from my previous NexDeep JRummy ROM and everything is running great...

I'm overclocked at 1.1ghz with SetCPU...i have installed the Handcent hack with TE and ran these scripts with TE as well: rmcorpcal, rmdevtool, rmemail, rmgenie, rmmms, rmmount, rmquickoffice, rmslide, rmsoundrecorder, rmspareparts and rmtalk...i also did the soundoff script AND the clockblack script as well....All is running smooth after rebooting a couple times....

This seems to be an awesome ROM so far...I will not be switching anytime soon.....Thanks JRummy.........:icon_ banana:
can you explain the handcent hack?? And as far as the scripts you just go into terminal emulator and just type ..i have never used this program:icon_eek: Also why would you remove email ,mms,mount, and what is slide? And could someone explain what the free 50mb ,75mb,100mb I think i understand but not 100% sure ...which one would be Ideal??? Thanks for any questions answer

BASICALLY...The Handcent hack just reskinned the widget/icon to match the Rom...nothing super special...I removed all those because I have absolutely no use for any of them...I only use GMail, Handcent replaces the stock Messaging app, I never have to mount my phone i just use an SD Card adapter and slot on my laptop and the 'rmslide' removes the slideshow widget which i will never use....

The other 50, 75, and 100 MB scripts basically modify the Droid's stock task manager to aggressively manage and end programs clearing up that minimum amount of MB's...That's what i get from it anyway....

TD7424

Reaction score

BASICALLY...The Handcent hack just reskinned the widget/icon to match the Rom...nothing super special...I removed all those because I have absolutely no use for any of them...I only use GMail, Handcent replaces the stock Messaging app, I never have to mount my phone i just use an SD Card adapter and slot on my laptop and the 'rmslide' removes the slideshow widget which i will never use....

The other 50, 75, and 100 MB scripts basically modify the Droid's stock task manager to aggressively manage and end programs clearing up that minimum amount of MB's...That's what i get from it anyway....

With Terminal Emulator what are the exact steps to using the scripts?

tdog7879

Reaction score

The other 50, 75, and 100 MB scripts basically modify the Droid's stock task manager to aggressively manage and end programs clearing up that minimum amount of MB's...That's what i get from it anyway....[/QUOTE] Sweet..thanks! So everything is good with the rom? Im going to go with the original kernal Just because that one has been working great for me!

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

OPEN TERMINAL EMULATOR, TYPE su then hit enter, then type the script ecaxtly as it is in post #1 then hit enter

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

Sweet..thanks! So everything is good with the rom? Im going to go with the original kernal Just because that one has been working great for me![/QUOTE]

yea it runs smooth...super fast....i used the Adamz kernel w/o JIT enabled because i couldnt get the other OEM kernel link to work....

tdog7879

Reaction score

OPEN TERMINAL EMULATOR, TYPE su then hit enter, then type the script ecaxtly as it is in post #1 then hit enter
Thanks for that! Did you restore from a previous rom or did you do a clean wipe? Thanks

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

Thanks for that! Did you restore from a previous rom or did you do a clean wipe? Thanks

Yes, I was running JRummy's NexDeep ROM that he had to pull since the original dev was unhappy...anyway...if you are using another 2.1 Rom you should be able to restore data from your Nandroid backup

Of course you do this at your own risk...you do wanna backup your current ROM, wipe data/cache twice and then wipe cache partition twice before you do this install though...

tdog7879

Reaction score

Yes, I was running JRummy's NexDeep ROM that he had to pull since the original dev was unhappy...anyway...if you are using another 2.1 Rom you should be able to restore data from your Nandroid backup

Of course you do this at your own risk...you do wanna backup your current ROM, wipe data/cache twice and then wipe cache partition twice before you do this install though...
Yea im running Jrummy nexdeep ROM right now nut im thinking about just ding a clean install...Thanks again for the info

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yea im running Jrummy nexdeep ROM right now nut im thinking about just ding a clean install...Thanks again for the info

No Problem....

mzimand

Reaction score

First, download the recovery image (I would upload it but my computer is being retarded right now) and place it on the root of your sdcard.
Go into terminal emulator and type the following

su
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-0.99.3b.img
rr

(I think this is a little easier than DMUpdater for those who want to flash recovery images quickly)

I totally agree with you JRummy. I was totally paranoid aboud switching Recovery's but using the above code makes it super easy to switch from one recovery to another. All you need to do is keep a copy of each on your SDcard and you can switch Recovery's really fast(seconds). If you prefer use ROM Manager to flash Clockwork Recovery and the above code for SPrecovery. But either way it is really easy and nothing to worry about.

PS: Loving your ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.