Jitter question

Darkseider

Reaction score
Quick question on Jitter. In the description it is said to run on Cyanogen 5.x.x as well as any rooted ESE81 ROM. Anyone have any experience with this app on Bugless Beast v1.0? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

OP
Darkseider

Darkseider

Reaction score
Yeah I know it's probably frowned upon but... bump

JCo352

Reaction score
It says in the description if it doesn't work just get a refund, but I don't see why it wouldn't work on the Rom you're using. I'm just glad I have a script to enable/disable JIT.

OP
Darkseider

Darkseider

Reaction score
It says in the description if it doesn't work just get a refund, but I don't see why it wouldn't work on the Rom you're using. I'm just glad I have a script to enable/disable JIT.

Personally I could care less about the $2 or $3 bucks. I was just wondering if it would work at all all.

EDIT: OK the answer is NO it will bootloop BB v1.0 according to the Apps feedback page.

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I have tried it on 2 different ROMS with no success.

v10 nothing but FC's and New Era (reboots and poor performance)

Had to restore in both instances.

I'm running Dark Edge now and haven't tried it yet. Don't think I will neither : )

Hopefully in a couple weeks after Google I/O (May 20th) we will all start seeing some working Jit.

OP
Darkseider

Darkseider

Reaction score
Nuts. Looks like I will see how virtuous I am and wait for a freshly cooked Froyo ROM from Pete. My phone works like a charm now and I don't feel much like muckin' it up just to test something.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
JIT for eclair is just too buggy for most users. Some folks have it working OK, but I've seen more negative than positive about it. Supposedly the situation should be much improved in Froyo.

djh816

Reaction score
I'm the developer of Jitter. I honestly can tell you that I have no clue if it would work or not. For cyanogen 5.0.x I know for a fact which files need to be put in place for it to work. Same thing for the STOCK rooted ESE81. I know Pete's is made from source now so I am not sure if the cyanogenmod (as it is built from source as well) option would work or not. I am fairly sure that my ESE81 option would not. I would love to get support for this thrown in so if anyone knows for sure which files are needed for Pete's 1.0, please let me know and I can get them in an update for Jitter. Unfortunately as I am new to developing root applications, it is still buggy. To avoid angry customers, I just say it's not worth the hassel if it doesn't work for you. Just refund and sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused (probably causing a restore)

mikemullin6

Reaction score
Thanks for the honest discussion of your app. I wanted it to work on CM 5.0.7 test0 but it FC'd everything. Had to uninstall it. Hope you can get the details you need to make it work.

djh816

Reaction score
Thanks for the honest discussion of your app. I wanted it to work on CM 5.0.7 test0 but it FC'd everything. Had to uninstall it. Hope you can get the details you need to make it work.

No problem. I started here and at Alldroid so any mention of my app here will get my attention :p As far as I know, 5.0.7 uses the same JIT libraries but I never tested my app with it so I have no idea. I have heard of one other user running on the .7test0 and he said it was a bit buggier but still worked. I don't know if he was using a different kernel as those can make a big difference in stability of the JIT.

As for the mention above about apps2sd, no idea, I do not use. If this is the cause for some people I would love to know as that may be the root of some of the problems users have been having.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
both ROMS I used it on had apps2sd enabled so I can offer that bit of info.

djh816

Reaction score
both ROMS I used it on had apps2sd enabled so I can offer that bit of info.

very interesting. that's likely the cause then. new era is based of cyanogenmod 5.0.7 test0 which currently is very buggy with JIT (hence your bad performance). v10 was based on cyanogenmod 5.0.6 so should have worked flawlessly (minus the stability of JIT in general). I'll have to do some more tests but for now I'll put a warning about it in the market description. Thanks for the heads up guys!

buckeye_1

Reaction score
I just tested it with 5.0.6.2. I have apps2sd enabled. It booted up fine after install, but when after unlock I got nothing but force close on just about every app I had. Using helix as my home, It would not bring up my home do to all the force closes. After hitting ok to all the force closes, helix was stuck in a force close loop. I restored my back up. I might try it without apps2sd sometime this weekend and I will report back.