JIT - what is it?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by wuyanks, Jan 29, 2010.

1. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

I have read some articles about the theory behind JIT, but what is the practicality with the Droid?

my understanding is that it will slow program loading/startup, but will enhance the speed of the programs while running... which may be good for some programs (gaming, watching video, etc), but worse for others (browsing, as it has to constantly load new pages, etc)...

1. am i on the right track here?
    2. what is impacted by the currently implemented JIT "hack" on the Droid, and what is theoretically possible for the future?

thanks in advance, and sorry for the "noobish" questions
  2. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Great post, as I too have been wondering about JIT and the overclocking. My jit understanding is much like yours, and it would be nice to get more info.

Right now we have a bunch of folks building muscle cars. Then throwing them on the dynos for speed and declaring that this is the fastest car on the road. But, until the rubber meets the road and the car meets the straights and curves we really don't know what is really "fastest".

There are some reports in the jit and oc threads from users about real world results beyond the benchmark programs, but not a lot. I guess it makes sense that you need the benchmark programs to develop and test theory, with mass application results to follow. Perhaps we are just early in the process, and more folks will report results, although I am betting a lot is gonna be subjective. I have decided to stay with just overclock for a while, run things, and see if I think I see any improvements.

And I will admit to getting caught up myself in the dyno testing. That was fun, but now I just want to get a feel for the road.

Craig
  3. spaciorek

spaciorek New Member

JIT is taken from the manufacturing term Just In Time. It refers to Just In Time processing. I know in Manufacturing it materials to products that are outside waiting to be used. Instead of wasting space and money Just In Time delivers the materials right before they are needed. Now assuming this theory holds true in the phone data would be handled the same way.
  4. gee1785

gee1785 New Member

Search tags for this page
android jit nedir

jithack