1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

JIT on ESE53

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by roberj13, Mar 8, 2010.

1. roberj13

roberj13 New Member

Just wanted to put this out there. Enabled JIT on Pete's BB .7 earlier last night, and so far it is MUCH more stable. Before when I was on 2.0.1 ROMS, I was getting random reboots, browser restarts, and FC's here and there. So far, have had 0 reboots, 0 browser issues (unless you don't like speed), and 0 FC.

Running ChevyOne's 5 slot, 1.2 GHz kernel.

Before JIT,
    Linpack 10.099
    Set CPU Short Bench 149ms

After JIT,
    Linpack 11.919
    Set CPU Short Bench 131ms

That's about a 15% improvement in both, running all my normal widgets, running Starfield LWP. I'll report back in a few days on my experience, but so far just wicked fast..

Thanks for ChevyOne's automation of the whole process with enabling JIT. You can find the link here.
  2. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Premium Member Premium Member

Hey, off-topic, but I noticed in Pete's changelog that he changed the Neural Network Wallpaper's background...WTF did he do? Make it look more like the Nexus? I was really excited to see the Droid wallpaper (I know, it's the little things) and I like the dark gray/black background with the red...I'm using red/black themes right now.

Just wanted to know if I should copy out my current wallpaper(s) before unpgrading, because I bought a DROID, not a damn NEXUS... :D

Also, thanks to the link for Chevy's automation! I'll be using that if/when I upgrade.
  3. unix.punkx

unix.punkx Beta Team

Yes, I took a look at it last night Jonny, the wallpaper is the same one the Nexus One uses. He also flipped the Water LP, so the trees "dont look upside down"
  4. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Premium Member Premium Member

He was more clear about the Water wallpaper in the changelog. lol...I don't get why people with Droids are so happy with Nexus One stuff. Go buy a Nexus if you want that crap... :p

Anyone know if I can just copy LiveWallpapers.apk from \system\app on the v .6 and then adb push it to the new version to keep the Droid wallpaper? And if so, will that wallpaper remain there until he decides to make changes to wallpapers again, or will I need to adb push it every time I upgrade? (This every day s*** has gotta go soon...lol)