JIT for SD?

zerg4141

Reaction score
Any future plans for getting a JIT to run on this ROM?

Haven't heard a lot of success stories from others, but
was just wondering if any progress has been made in recent
months.

V

verian

You want it I'll try it. I'm board anyway. I'll let you know soon if it works at all. and later let you know about the and any FC's.

Remember google is not done with JIT so this maybe a fail but I'll let you know

V

verian

I couldn't get JIT from market to work but I got an old apk. It worked was running a chevy 1000 lv kernel and it was a p3 JIT file (thats what it said during install can't know for sure) I'm short benching 173 to 180, with

Succulent Desire 5.0
JIT enabled (old ese 51 apk)
Auto Memory Manager (set to aggressive)

Someone please do some short benches with out JIT and post!! I've just dropped to 40% battery and have to rest my droid for the night.

I don't know about FC's or any other problems this will cause yet. I generally would advise against installing it at this time.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Succulent Desire 5.0
Bekkit 1200 mhz

JIT disabled 155 - 162 on short bench.
JIT enabled 138 - 142 on short bench

ive only had it running for about 5 min but im not getting any FC's

Last edited:
V

verian

I don't believe this rom supports apps2sd at the moment anyways.

I also have found no issue's with JIT enabled. I honestly can't believe it!!!! These roms are faster then the average user needs. I see no true benefit of enabling JIT till its perfected unless you really just like to tinker with your DROID all the time. I do I confess. It works nuff said.

Woodyman

I did have one instance where after watching 3 min of a 6 min video with 50% battery I fell into a boot loop. I looped twice with out showing the Moto logo. Strange it only went back to the boot animation and it's been fine sense then. Maybe the first problem with playing with JIT?

OP
Z

zerg4141

Reaction score
May not matter..

With the recent news of Android 2.2 coming with JIT, I suppose there is no need to hack around with it

V

verian

With the recent news of Android 2.2 coming with JIT, I suppose there is no need to hack around with it

Thats the safe way to go, I don't think any of the JIT files floating around are anywhere near what the final one will be.

badtoy1986

Reaction score
btw if you like it please buy it from the market. The owner has posted this one for free but he asked that if people like it to please buy it.

V

verian

Thats why it wouldn't work. I bought the one in the market a last week but had to return it didn't work with Succulent Desire. Or at least not for me. Is it working for you, It say's varied results on bugless and cyan.