JIT enabled?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Shelooga, May 26, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. Shelooga

Shelooga Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok so i have a few questions and ill list them in order of priority..
    1, can i enable JIT on this ROM?
    2, what is JIT?

ive d/l linpack and im getting 9.86 mflops (no, i dont actually know what that means or if thats good) after tinkering with settings in setcpu. but as with everything, i want more. i want it to be faster. from what ive read people with JIT enabled get up to the 30s and 40s in mflops. me want dat
    please enlighten me
    and if its best that i just get a jitterbug and give up, then just say so
  2. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I can't speak for SS as to whether JIT will work or not. I have used JIT myself on other ROMs and ended up disabling it. The reality is it is not smooth sailing using it on any ROM I've seen so far. Only place it works well that I know of it when it is native and part of the original ROM like on the N1.

As for you getting to 30 - 40 Mflops fat chance on a droid as it isn't going to happen. Highest reading I've seen to date is 23Mflops on a Droid running at 1.25Ghz. Keep in mind tho that was not on Android 2.1 it was by someone who has Froyo installed on the Droid already. About the highest you'll get is in the area of 13Mflops on a Droid running an OC kernel.
  3. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Pretty much what he said - I've tried it using the libraries that were linked over @ alldroid - it runs, short benches are faster but long benches are longer - and ultimately for me it also was just too buggy.
Search tags for this page
android check for jit
android check jit enabled
android jit is enabled
check if jit is turned on android
check jit enable android
check whether usin jit

enable jit gingerbread

how do i check the jit on coolmath
verify jit android