JIT - Check it out

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by agdaniels, Jan 28, 2010.

1. agdaniels

agdaniels Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hahaha I use my droid in way or another nonstop, 16 hours a day. No, I didn't just put it to sleep, and its been this way for 5? days now.

2. gentlefury

gentlefury Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well then you are either using a custom rom that can handle it, or your droid is magical. Because everyone else that installed it at 800Mhz has been having random reboots.

3. 19DroidRage84

19DroidRage84 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    7.218 mflops/s

I didnt have linpack installed before I did this so I dont know if there is a difference.

4. agdaniels

agdaniels Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As stated I'm using Sholes 1.2, nothing magical about it. Whats more likely, is those that don't have issues don't post, but those that do, well, do. I just benched 7.789 @ 800mhz if you don't believe that I have it running.

5. agdaniels

agdaniels Member

Ratings:
    +0
  6. 19DroidRage84

19DroidRage84 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    7.218 @ 950mhz - Kept rebooting first reboot. Worked for awhile then kept rebooting

7.539 @ 800mhz - Still testing it out. So far lock screen is laggy when you unlock the phone.

Is running JIT better than overclocking the cpu?

7. agdaniels

agdaniels Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No, JIT just improves linpack scores right now, overclocking improves all functions of the phones operations. JIT has shown instability issues for some, where most people find 800mhz to be completely stable

8. 19DroidRage84

19DroidRage84 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    linpack scores? So this really isnt doing anything besides making numbers bigger? Im a NooB.

Before installing JIT Ive been running at 950mhz for a couple days and had no issues.

Edit: I meant better on the cpu. Ive heard overclocking reduces lifespan of cpu

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  9. LrdElderon

LrdElderon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes you are correct, this def is something to get excited about, but I wouldn't go grab and install jit just yet. It's not close to be finished and from what I was told google dev team has not pushed their recent changes into the source tree so the jit people are using on the droid is probably several months old. So yeah pretty much only good for benchmarks.

Quite a few people have reboots and crashes and At least for myself when I tried it I noticed quite severe browser lag where pages just kept loading and loading and never seemed to finish.

I do, However, think that once compcache and jit have been finished up a bit more by google and added into the main tree, we will see significant speed improvements even if we don't overclock.

10. agdaniels

agdaniels Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LINPACK - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

JIT is doing something, it's just not optimized for the droid like they have for the nexus one. It has potential, but it's not something you should run at the expense of stability

11. 19DroidRage84

19DroidRage84 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    HAHA! I dont think that link is in english!!! As in I dont understand any of what that said!!!

At 800mhz with JIT its stable so far. Ill run it for a day and see. My Phone does seem like it responds faster than it did at 950mhz.

12. pandroid

pandroid Theme Developer Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    how about we get lapack or jlapack running on our droids instead of linpack?

13. gentlefury

gentlefury Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Never said I didn't believe you, I got a linpack score of 7.75 after enabling JIT, and all was great....until I started actually using it for my regular activities.

Actually it seemed like it was running perfectly until I started streaming media and doing other things at the same time, then it would reboot.

14. samdevor

samdevor Member

Ratings:
    +0
    dont know if this even mattersbuti have JIT running on my droid, i have it OCed at 900 and its just as stable as ever, in the alldroid forum people had mixed results some had the same outcome as me (no reboots, just wicked fast) and others well crashing and such, i had no issue

EDIT: @900 i got 8.77 mflops

15. gentlefury

gentlefury Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well like I said I thought that was the case until I found the crash combination...which happened to be something I use daily.

Search tags for this page

build prop jit the phone

jit enabled 2.3.3

when did motorola started using the jit system