JellyBean update issues

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by FoxRob, Mar 27, 2013.

1. FoxRob

FoxRob New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK this update really sticks so far, since the update I cannot edit my contact info, I cannot find my music files. I have spent the past 3 hours trying to find my music since I no longer have my custom ringtones.

2. aarong03

aarong03 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Make sure the phone is set to media and not mass storage. After my update it wasn't seeing my SD card. I checked the settings and it was set to mass storage. Once I changed it to the media I could look on my SD card for ringtones.

3. mwalsh

mwalsh New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This update has really screwed up my phone. Before this update I thought I had the best phone in the world; After the update, I think I want to throw it out of the window of my car on the highway. The best music, gallery and messaging apps I've ever had are gone! For the music: I cannot see the lyrics, I cannot click the artist and be connected to last.FM or whatever to see pictures, tour dates and other sings by that artist. For the gallery: okay, the new album layout it alright, BUT, the process to do anything in the gallery is definitely more complicated now than ever. Finally I have yet to figure out if it's just my messaging app or a overload on the RAM but I will try to use my messaging app sometimes straight from the unlock screen and the phone just freezes half way faded from the lock screen and Facebook forcing me to reset my phone. There are a few other problems I've had so far just without the space to explain but I would love to just change it back to what it was.

4. sduiker

sduiker New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I too just got the 4.1.2 update. Now all of my usual updates come up with the "error 489" message. I cannot find any resolution to that. It is not a wi-fi issue since i can access the web and the web pages do fine. this is aggravating!! Any suggstions?

5. JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK Senior Member

Ratings:
    +34
    Did you do a FDR? I have the update and none of your problems. All my pics, ringtones, and music is where it should be.
    I did an FDR before I accepted the update and I think that is why I have no problems.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

6. sduiker

sduiker New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK, and a FDR is?

7. GotnFX

GotnFX Active Member

Ratings:
    +32
    Factory Data Reset. Settings-->Privacy. Basically puts your phone back to how it was out if the box..you'll have to go through all the screen prompts...also if you do a FDR make sure you back everything up such as pics and music. Especially the ones said to your internal storage.

8. sduiker

sduiker New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you!!! I learn something every day

9. 4low4fun

4low4fun Member

Ratings:
    +7
    There's an app called "back up my mobile" that can back up your texts your contacts call logs etc for free and it does NOT need root!

10. kerjo

kerjo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After downloading JB (4.1.2) everything was good to go except my gallery and getting my laptop to recognize my Maxx. The pics and the vids I have taken with my Razr Maxx are now in a single album. So now,when i want to find a particular vid, I have to search through an album with 200 pics and vids mixed together to find that particular vid. Is there any way of separating the pics from the vids like they were separated (separate albums for each) before downloading 4.1.2? Also my laptop which has Windows 7 (64 bit) doesn't recognize my Razr Maxx. When laptop tried fixing the problem it said that there are no drivers that can be down loaded. Kind of frustrating because I can no longer move music from my iTunes folder to my phone. Is anyone having these same problems? Any help with these issues will be appreciated.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  11. gelfling83

gelfling83 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Another thing I just noticed, before the update and before Google Play was combined with the on-device music app, you used to be able to hard-press an mp3 (assuming it was stored on the device) and choose it as a ringtone. That's no longer the case. Does anyone know how to choose an mp3 as a ringtone? Because the on-board ringtones kinda suck.

12. aarong03

aarong03 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I use Rings Extended and have all sorts of mp3 ringtones and have not had a problem since the Jelly Bean update.

13. DROIDX2TN

DROIDX2TN Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Just updated mine and somehow the lock screen came on. Is there a default code? I have never set it up to lock. Thanks!

Just figured it out. It was my Verizon pin.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  14. gelfling83

gelfling83 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Installed it this morning...seems to work great. Thanks for the tip!

But I'm still pretty bitter that they deactivated the long-press to simply select mp3s for ringtones. :happy3:

15. aarong03

aarong03 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Glad to hear it. I've always used it starting with my original droid. Never stopped working.

Search tags for this page
droid bionic ringtone problem

droid razr jelly bean problems

droid razr update 4.1.2 ringtone change
how to put custom ringtones on droid razr maxx
jelly bean droid razr problems
my mp3 does not list in my android jelly bean
my music jelly bean
razr jelly bean update wifi-bluetooth issues
ring droid support jellybean
setting ringtones on droid bionic 4.1.2