JellyBean for the LG Spectrum 2!

TrdLtly

Reaction score
I'm surprised that nobody is bummed about the lack of group messaging support on this version of android...

Group messaging, what's that? Just kidding. You can probably get a 3rd party app for that.

mordant80

Reaction score
There is group messaging built in. I've circled what you need to click to get there.
evajezed.jpg

3esesa2e.jpg

7e7yhuve.jpg

BTW, LG's built in screenshot software is the ****. love it.

Last edited:

Zrunky

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Jelly Bean has turned into a nightmare for me. Notwithstanding the entire litany of poor design and functionality changes that Google introduced, it now has an issue that makes my phone, as a business device, nearly unusable.

Ever since I updated, I've had problems with the voicemail notification never going away. I get a new VM and the notification comes up and never disappears, even after the voicemail has been deleted. The only way to temporarily fix this is to do a battery pull, pull the SIM card, start up the phone without the SIM card, go into app settings > all > phone and "clear data." Then I have to pull the battery again, reinstall the SIM card, and reboot the phone.

The problem resurfaces every time I receive a new voicemail.

Verizon has said to try a full phone wipe to eliminate this problem. Even after doing that, there's no guarantee it will go away.

So I'm supposed to do a full wipe, reinstall 100 apps, reset all the personalization that took me hours to set up in the first place, re-setup 8 email addresses, reload all my business documents, etc.

I cannot tell you how enraged I am right now. I can't even describe it.

nedloc96

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Jelly Bean has turned into a nightmare for me. Notwithstanding the entire litany of poor design and functionality changes that Google introduced, it now has an issue that makes my phone, as a business device, nearly unusable.

Ever since I updated, I've had problems with the voicemail notification never going away. I get a new VM and the notification comes up and never disappears, even after the voicemail has been deleted. The only way to temporarily fix this is to do a battery pull, pull the SIM card, start up the phone without the SIM card, go into app settings > all > phone and "clear data." Then I have to pull the battery again, reinstall the SIM card, and reboot the phone.

The problem resurfaces every time I receive a new voicemail.

Verizon has said to try a full phone wipe to eliminate this problem. Even after doing that, there's no guarantee it will go away.

So I'm supposed to do a full wipe, reinstall 100 apps, reset all the personalization that took me hours to set up in the first place, re-setup 8 email addresses, reload all my business documents, etc.

I cannot tell you how enraged I am right now. I can't even describe it.

You could use You mail. It's a free visual voice mail in the play store. It has always worked well for me.

Reaction score
On the battery thing it seems better to me. I was using a Rom modifying app before and it greatly improved the stand by time. The JB update seems to be on par.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Droid Forums

Reaction score
So what does everyone think the Candy Cane is? Snapped this from a Nexus. Have not been able to replicate it on the Nexus or any other device.

Reaction score
I don't understand, what is this?

Ever since Gingerbread you find this Easter egg "hidden feature" on almost any android. This is the Jelly Bean one. But there was a random candy cane floating in there. Some people have seen it. You go to settings, about phone at bottom, find where is says android version, then tap it until something pops up. For ICS and JB if you slide your finger up on the picture they do something extra

Layvin1

Reaction score
Ever since Gingerbread you find this Easter egg "hidden feature" on almost any android. This is the Jelly Bean one. But there was a random candy cane floating in there. Some people have seen it. You go to settings, about phone at bottom, find where is says android version, then tap it until something pops up. For ICS and JB if you slide your finger up on the picture they do something extra

This came up on my Spec2......

View attachment 62611

Sent from the Best overlooked phone in the market. LG SPECTRUM²

micrors4

Reaction score
Then you press and hold and it goes to the floating JBs, the candycane is a hint at a future name for the next version of Android possibly.

Layvin1

Reaction score
So you think there will be an oddball number before 5.0 Key Lime Pie that will get a name like maybe "Candy Cane"??

Sent from the Best overlooked phone in the market. LG SPECTRUM²

Layvin1

Reaction score
Had to change my signature....lol!

Sent from my Spec2 while flicking my Jelly Beans!