JellyBean for the LG Spectrum 2!

Discussion in 'LG Spectrum 2' started by asianflavor, Apr 23, 2013.

1. mordant80

mordant80 New Member

Yea, I had to charge up to update, used the pc updater. I flashed back to stock first as well, I got an error when I tried to update through the phone while it was rooted.

I tried the spectrum ICS root and also the optimus G JB (ZV9-JB-Root) batch files. No luck, get permission denied with both. Gonna call it quits for tonight, have to work early. I hope we can come up with a way to root this thing :(

I wonder if Foxfi works for wireless tethering, I'll give that a try tomorrow, but it's going to suck not having titanium backup if we can't root.
  2. JimiMack

JimiMack New Member

I tried the JB update OTA with 50% battery, after the download and reboot I am still on ICS. I am going to have to flash the CAB file first and then try to update. Damn, I really wish this bootloader was able to be cracked, it would make all this so much simpler.
  3. mordant80

mordant80 New Member

Yea that's what I did. No doubt on the bootloader, Would be badass.
  4. ninelives1972

ninelives1972 New Member

Scratching Head...

When I first got my phone, I looked into rooting, but didn't.
    What do you possibly get out of rooting a phone, besides the headache that I continue to read about???
    Just wondering and scratching my head.
    Would love to hear some thoughts on this.
    Thanks!
  5. JimiMack

JimiMack New Member

First and foremost for me, it allows me to get rid of all the bloatware. Be also being able to adjust the CPU settings, backup all my apps and data etc... there is a lot that rooting allows you to do. It allows you do do with your phone all you want to and not just what your carrier will allow. The only headache is having to re-flash the phone for the JB upgrade, which this phone will not see the next version of Android after this anyway :)
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  6. maximum

maximum Member

I had this problem when I first got the phone. When I set the connection type to internet and then select Ethernet as the connection type the update utility recognizes the phone.
  7. BigCTM

BigCTM New Member

My phone does not recognize the update. Not rooted...Any way to force the update? I tried force stop Google Services Framework too and that does not work.
  8. mordant80

mordant80 New Member

9. micrors4

micrors4 New Member

For me the biggest thing is being able to use my phone as a hotspot and Faceniff. Not sure what headaches you are referring to but I have quite a few android devices and they are all rooted, some for a couple years now and I have never had any issues with them so far. If you are curious just try rooting your phone, it won't hurt anything and it can always be undone, it technically voids your warranty but it can be undone so Verizon and LG would never know.

I can't manage to update my phone either on my PC it just says to allow the install of the upgrade assistant but nothing happens and the OTA update isn't working either, I can't imagine the frustration people are having that know nothing about android.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  10. mordant80

mordant80 New Member

I must say this is pretty sweet. I've got everything back to where we were progress wise. I found a working root, found a working recovery, and wifi tether is working great. Now with the update we have an up to date Google Now. Definitely the sweetest phone I've owned even if we don't have custom ROMs.
  11. micrors4

micrors4 New Member

Anyone having problems updating? I can't get it to install with either my PC or OTA and I'm dying to get a taste of the JB goodness.
  12. JimiMack

JimiMack New Member

I was having issue getting this to take as well. I found I had to wipe everything out and reinstall ICS from the CAB file and then the JB update took.
  13. JimiMack

JimiMack New Member

Has anyone noticed a severe drop in battery life so far on JB. It has only been a day but I have already noticed my battery draining much quicker.
  14. mordant80

mordant80 New Member

Can't say I have, I'm at 79% right now and am usually lower than that by this time of day (but i havent used it much either). Haven't really had enough time to tell for sure but it doesnt seem any worse so far for me.
  15. agt7575

agt7575 New Member

How di9d you get the Verizon update utility?? I was not given the option to install it when I plugged my phone into my PC through usb, no matter what type of connection I designates the phone as. I too am having the 0x13E error...
  16. Layvin1

Layvin1 New Member

Download it from LG here....Mac or PC..
    http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-LGVS930

Sent from the Best overlooked phone in the market. LG SPECTRUM²
  17. tjupille

tjupille New Member

I had to use a PC to which the phone had not already been connected. I expect I could have simply gone to the windows device manager and uninstalled the phone there before reconnecting. Phone had USB debugging enabled, USB connection set to "internet". The update took a loooong time, and then the phone bootlooped until I did a factory reset. It was in JB after the reset. I then re-rooted and restored everything from Titanium. Fortunately, I had copied my Titanium backup to the external SD first.

All is (now) well. Battery life seems about as good as before.

-- Tom Jupille
  18. micrors4

micrors4 New Member

I got the same thing I had to restore the phone with the CAB file then I just used the OTA update and it worked perfectly then I restored my apps with Titanium.
  19. hotsauce_gm

hotsauce_gm New Member

Does this version support iphone style group messaging? When my iphone friends text me mms, it's not showing up in a thread that shows all of the recipients... :( So frustrating!
  20. micrors4

micrors4 New Member

Never tried it but I would be willing to bet their is an app to do it thanks to the openness of android.
Search tags for this page

0x13e

0x13e error lg

android software update error 0x13e

err 0x13e
err 0x13e lg

err:0x13e

error 0x13e

lg spectrum 2 jelly bean

lg spectrum 2 update

lg spectrum 2 update download

lg vs930 jelly bean