JellyBean for the LG Spectrum 2!

Reaction score
Update went great, no problems with previous apps at all! The battery seems the same. I definitely can tell a difference in speed much faster then on ICS!

I agree. Although I feel there might be a slight improvement to battery. Mostly in standard by time. It varies I guess

Sent from my VS930 4G using Droid Forums

Viper89

Reaction score
I agree. Although I feel there might be a slight improvement to battery. Mostly in standard by time. It varies I guess

Actually you are right, I made the battery assumption to early. I do notice a improvement in normal use and standby time! This JB update has been great so far. I wonder if we will get a 4.2 update to? Even though they completely different phones, the SG3 4.1.2 update was 150mb while are was 449.8mb why do guys think that is? Just a thought.

Reaction score
Anyone else using Go Launcher? Run into the paid themes not showing in some JB devices issue?

Layvin1

Reaction score
Anyone else using Go Launcher? Run into the paid themes not showing in some JB devices issue?

Sorry man.....was running Apex but for now I'm trying a Beta version of a new launcher called Everything.me. which will be the best launcher I have ever used once its out of beta with more features...

Sent from my Spec2 while flicking my Jelly Beans!

Reaction score
Sorry man.....was running Apex but for now I'm trying a Beta version of a new launcher called Everything.me. which will be the best launcher I have ever used once its out of beta with more features...

So far it's nice, but I like my themes

Layvin1

Reaction score
So far it's nice, but I like my themes

Yeah I feel ya, they are taking feedback right now since its in beta mode. I emailed them and said that it was a great start and I hoped it would have more features after it was out of beta, like, multiple dock rows with dynamic folders so you don't have to have a cluttered "desktop" and custom icons/ full Theme support. Hopefully that happens.

Viper89

Reaction score

Hmm I stopped using that awhile ago, I use their other Launcher: Next Launcher 3D and have had no problems with it on JB at all :). And it's the best 3D Launcher for Android hands down!

Reaction score
Hmm I stopped using that awhile ago, I use their other Launcher: Next Launcher 3D and have had no problems with it on JB at all :). And it's the best 3D Launcher for Android hands down!

Well I got it working....I had to use lucky parcheesi to recompile my paid theme so I could load the hacked version.....how ironic...

agt7575

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Jelly Bean has turned into a nightmare for me. Notwithstanding the entire litany of poor design and functionality changes that Google introduced, it now has an issue that makes my phone, as a business device, nearly unusable.

Ever since I updated, I've had problems with the voicemail notification never going away. I get a new VM and the notification comes up and never disappears, even after the voicemail has been deleted. The only way to temporarily fix this is to do a battery pull, pull the SIM card, start up the phone without the SIM card, go into app settings > all > phone and "clear data." Then I have to pull the battery again, reinstall the SIM card, and reboot the phone.

The problem resurfaces every time I receive a new voicemail.

Verizon has said to try a full phone wipe to eliminate this problem. Even after doing that, there's no guarantee it will go away.

So I'm supposed to do a full wipe, reinstall 100 apps, reset all the personalization that took me hours to set up in the first place, re-setup 8 email addresses, reload all my business documents, etc.

I cannot tell you how enraged I am right now. I can't even describe it.

Download and use Youmail from the market. Much better voicemail app than the stock one. THis issue of the voicemail notification never going away is NOT a JB issue. It is a verizon issue that has been an annoyance since Froyo. ( I had this same issue on my HTC Thunderbolt since day 1 before even getting the GB update). If you are annoyed about having to re-install 100+ apps after a full wipe than download Titanium backup from the market. Titanium will back-up all your apps in a matter of a few minutes, than once you wipe the phone, re-install Titanium and you can reinstall all your apps PLUS the app data so you don't have to set them up again with user names, passwords, email settings etc. BTW, just because you don't like a certain app, doesn't mean that its useless and a big waste of time or a huge mistake by the developer.. Did you ever stop to think that there are MANY people out there who use that certain app and love it, some can't live without it. You opinion, is just that, your opinion and its not infallible by any means.

I'm sorry dude, but from all your posts you seem like a guy who is truly NEVER happy with anything in life... That if something doesn't meet you warped standards, it automatically sucks and is useless to the world. You really need to lighten up and take a long vacation away from work and technology, seriously dude before you give yourself a nervous breakdown.

Reaction score
Can't we make a separate partition for installing a ROM?

Layvin1

Reaction score
Can't we make a separate partition for installing a ROM?

I feel your pain man.....several of us tried like hell to figure out the security,among other issues when we finally got a stripped down ICS ROM to boot...unfortunately VZ has this locked down like crazy..and one issue keeping things going any further is that (far as I know) a DEV has not been able to get his hands on a Spec2 for any good length of time to be able to bust the security in the bootloader. Once that happens its game on! I want a custom ROM on this phone so bad, if I knew what I was doing I would bust it myself, but I don't even know where to start, it will wound up bricked and I can't afford that at this point. So I have customized and rooted Jelly to be pretty sweet. It will have to do till someone else figures it out....

Reaction score
I feel your pain man.....several of us tried like hell to figure out the security,among other issues when we finally got a stripped down ICS ROM to boot...unfortunately VZ has this locked down like crazy..and one issue keeping things going any further is that (far as I know) a DEV has not been able to get his hands on a Spec2 for any good length of time to be able to bust the security in the bootloader. Once that happens its game on! I want a custom ROM on this phone so bad, if I knew what I was doing I would bust it myself, but I don't even know where to start, it will wound up bricked and I can't afford that at this point. So I have customized and rooted Jelly to be pretty sweet. It will have to do till someone else figures it out....

Same here. I just thought from the past that's how they got around locked bootpoaders of the razr