Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by Challis, Nov 22, 2012.
Last word is it could be released Q1 2013.
the Motorola website for all the Android software versions and what is expected to come out for what device, and when.... was updated pretty recently (Dec 6th).
Well thats nice to know
Sadly, nothing new for the standard RAZR/MAXX devices. Still just the generic "will get 4.1"
Well if you are rooted and want google now, which is the main benefit of 4.1, check out my posts on how to get it installed. It's so easy it's stupid.
It can't come soon enough. Here's to hoping that the "Charge Only" feature is brought back. ICS has been a trainwreck.
FoxFi has worked for my Origional Razr (ICS w/ root) and my co-workers phones (Razr HD MAXX JB) as of right now. I use it a lot in college for my xbox360 live lol. Right now FoxFi is putting a cap on how much data you can use with it before you have to buy the pro version of it for 7.00 US dollars. It goes toward the developers, since I have unlimited data still, once I get to where the app caps me, i'd so pay the 7 instead of VZs 20$ version of the same thing! If you have the new Share Everything plan, VZ won't charge for the tethering, go figure.
Are you saying your co-worker has a RAZR Maxx HD with JB on it and Foxfi works?
My HD with jb doesn't play well with foxfi
Sent on my Moto RAZR HD while I'm in class, in a meeting, in a waiting room, or in the bathroom
ICS has indeed been a trainwreck, IMHO.... I dislike it very much and can't wait for OTA JB to come out for my original RAZR.
- the stock alarm is now a total POS (used multiple times daily). on gingerbread the whole screen could be touched to snooze the alarm. And it took a precise, swip motion to dismiss the alarm. The ICS interface blows.
- I have at least twice the number of typing errors on the ICS keyboard.... the ICS keyboard blows.
- it is ludicrous to me that when entering the Phone app, that I can't easily pick out who to call from my Contacts. Worlds apart from logical.
- not a fan of the change where you can't long-press on a base screen to add app/widget icons. but once things were set up, became much less important.
- in general, don't like the ICS blue bars for sub-screens, and the smaller buttons (even with text size set on Large or Huge).
Bring on Jelly Bean....
Yes sir I am. There is an add-on in the marketplace for Foxfi, after it was installed and activated with the original app- it's been great.
If you want when I go back to work tomorrow i'll have him send me a couple screenshots of it from his phone
That would be appreciated because everything I've read in the forums so far says that Foxfi doesn't work on stock JB on most phones including the Maxx HD and that's the only reason I haven't updated mine from ICS yet... I use it very often when I travel. It's working perfectly with 4.0.4 but I'm waiting till more people say they have it working on JB.
It's dead on his phone now too. It pushed an update overnight aaaandd failed to work after :/ That really sucks, I was excited to show you guys lol I'll be on the hunt for a new way to tether. Funny, I want JB, but if it does that- heeellll naaaww
Well I just took the Verizon OTA push of jelly bean... looks OK so far. Except I can't find the alarm app just yet, but whatever. Time to start exploring and see what all changed.
The notification curtain definitely looks a lot different, its OK I guess.
Separate names with a comma.