1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

jelly bean

Discussion in 'Galaxy Nexus ROMS' started by Mace Windu, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Mace Windu

Mace Windu New Member

I recently flashed a 4.1 leak (smiling). There is only one issue, web browsing is extremely slow. What has been your guys' experience with 4.1 this far?
  2. droidhayabusa

droidhayabusa New Member

No issue for me at all, been running 4.1 for a week. You using wifi, 4g, 3g...? I heard that there may be connectivity issues w wifi, hence my question. Bear in mind I get all my information from small children so I could be way off...
  3. greycobalt

greycobalt New Member

I just got the Nexus yesterday, but have noticed so far that on 4.0.4 my signal just turns off every once in a while. Pretty annoying. Do you think Jellybean would fix that? I want to flash to it also, but since the only way to get the root access and CWM is by unlocking (and wiping the whole thing), I really don't want to do that. Any options or thoughts? Thanks.
  4. duyna

duyna Member

I had replaced three phones and three new Sim cards before I was able to get steady signal, so far so good with my gnex
  5. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

JellyBean probably won't help your signal issues. There are a few main things here that are more than likely the culprit:

- Tower trouble with VZW - Sometimes VZW has trouble with their network at times. For example if you live in an area that is ravaged by storms recently, it is a definite possibility they are having technical difficulties.

- Device trouble - As mentioned above, some folks have had to go through multiple devices and perhaps SIM cards before getting decent results. Unfortunately it seems as though some folks just have terrible luck with this phone

- Radio changes - Some folks get better signal with certain radios than others (this is software). There are a few different radios available currently, some folks report better success with different radios. When Verizon does an OTA for JellyBean they could update the radios again. You have to unlock to change radios.

Side note, if you plan on unlocking your device it is not a terrible idea to do it early. As you mentioned it does wipe everything, so the longer you wait the more stuff you will have to backup and restore. There are ways to back quite a bit of stuff up to make restoration as painless as possible (I could explain some of these options more if you wanted me to), so it really doesn't matter. But that is just something to think about.
  6. ColinZack

ColinZack New Member

JB fixed my radio issues. On 4.0.4 if I turned off data for a bit and tried to turn it back on, sometimes I had to restart my phone to get data back. With JB, I always get data back fairly quickly after turning it back on.
  7. Whitechapel

Whitechapel Member

I've had zero issues on my Galaxy Nexus.
  8. greycobalt

greycobalt New Member

Here's your gold star. :hail:

;)

I'm in love with this phone, but the battery life and 4G problems just tick me off. If I keep the phone on 3G, I have no issues, but the second I switch on the LTE setting, the radio loses all signal every 5 minutes or so on the dot. Very annoying.

Do we know yet if Verizon is planning on it coming out this month? Or will we be waiting into the fall?
  9. Saryon

Saryon New Member

You have a defective phone. Talk to verizon about a replacement.
  10. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Well-Known Member

This. One of my replacements lost LTE signal every 10 minutes on the dot. I'm on my 5th replacement. Unfortunately you just have to phone VZ and keep on doing do until you get a good one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  11. greycobalt

greycobalt New Member

How do I go about doing this? I bought the phone new a week ago from a guy off Craigslist. It's insured through Verizon, so do they just help me anyway?
  12. syndicate0017

Did you get it insured or was it insured for the seller?...usually when phones change hands, the insurance is void. You may have to go directly through Samsung. And that could take a couple weeks.

13. greycobalt

greycobalt New Member

I went directly from the guy to Verizon for a SIM card, and the lady asked if I wanted to add insurance on the phone, and I said yes. That's all I got. /shrug
  14. syndicate0017

Well sounds like you lucked out. VZ usually won't insure secondhand devices.

15. greycobalt

greycobalt New Member

This is actually the first secondhand one I've ever had, but it seemed odd that would be the case. If I took it in and they looked it up, are they only looking at whether or not it's insured, or will they try to find the date of purchase and all that jazz?