Jelly Bean update

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe storage part /notification bar is JB... Same as Nexus.. JB won't help the camera.. Although I didn't find it so so bad.. Overall JB is better IMO so hopefully it hold true for the phone experience...

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

O its better for sure, I was just filling out my form for the feedback for the soak test and just word vomit anything I could find to complain about lol so it kinda carried over here haha.

And the transparent noti bar is stock JB? I don't like it... sometimes its trans and sometimes its not depending on the app, too inconsistent lol. And the mass storage is gone in JB on the Nexus as well? Bummer...

By the way, how is batter life on the Nexus with JB? Was thinking about picking one up since they are uber cheap now on swappa.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
O its better for sure, I was just filling out my form for the feedback for the soak test and just word vomit anything I could find to complain about lol so it kinda carried over here haha.

And the transparent noti bar is stock JB? I don't like it... sometimes its trans and sometimes its not depending on the app, too inconsistent lol. And the mass storage is gone in JB on the Nexus as well? Bummer...

By the way, how is batter life on the Nexus with JB? Was thinking about picking one up since they are uber cheap now on swappa.

Battery is so so but I'm a heavy user.. I can't do alot of screen time without replacing battery.. Lol (I have two spares) currently on 4.2 JB it has a few small bugs since they introduce multiple users.. But overall my experience is great with the phone.. I'm just blown away with the Note and I don't think I will go back to another phone.. Haha
What prices you seeing on swappa?

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Battery is so so but I'm a heavy user.. I can't do alot of screen time without replacing battery.. Lol (I have two spares) currently on 4.2 JB it has a few small bugs since they introduce multiple users.. But overall my experience is great with the phone.. I'm just blown away with the Note and I don't think I will go back to another phone.. Haha
What prices you seeing on swappa?

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

GNex going sub $250 in great condition with a few extras here and there. I love my RAZR HD but would still love to tinker with AOSP here and there lol just the GNex had better battery life...

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
GNex going sub $250 in great condition with a few extras here and there. I love my RAZR HD but would still love to tinker with AOSP here and there lol just the GNex had better battery life...

I hear ya.. Sometimes I think of selling it but really like to play.. Plus I hate parting.. Lol

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

Last edited:

dankcincy

Reaction score
I had watched a few videos of what Jelly Bean was supposed to be before I downloaded it and am noticing that mine isnt the same. For example my lock screen didnt change any and neither did the way my camera functions.

clintro

Reaction score
go to the settings and the about phone and post a screen shot :)

dankcincy

Reaction score
Screenshot_2012-12-05-23-47-48.png

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
It's great to see the OTA "finally" rolling out to the HD, just a shame it couldn't have been 4.1.2 at least. Concerned as to when that one will roll out lol, anyone on Verizon knows it may be a while...

dankcincy

Reaction score
Any ideas on why Im not getting all the Jelly Bean features that Ive seen? Does everyone else in here have the new lock screen and camera features?

dankcincy

Reaction score
I understand that this is a different phone but at 1min it shows the lock screen and at 7:50 the camera. Im new to the Droid game but isnt an OS supposed to be the same on all platforms?
[video=youtube;FE1WxgYtqqA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE1WxgYtqqA[/video]

mgrande

Reaction score
I think the different lock screen and camera are with 4.2 and we just 4.1. So far I don't like how when I hit back from a text message it takes me to the home screen instead of the app I was in. Also it seems kind of laggy.
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2