Jelly Bean Update Fail Droid4

G3T_UR_0WN_W1F1

Reaction score
Ok, so I tried manually updating to Jelly Bean after I heard it was approved. But when I did, it aborted and it said something about the audio effects. I had recently installed Beats Audio. Before doing so, I did a back-up using Titanium. But I seem to have lost root access after trying to update. I did back up root using voodoo, but I can't get it back. Now I can't access Titanium until I get back home and re-root. But back to Beats n the audio issue. I tried finding the audio drivers but I can't recognize the name of it n I don't know what to restore.

If I wanted to update, what are my options? Do I re-root n try to find the audio driver? Do I delete Beats in hopes it(update) will pull thru? Or do I do a full sbf back to ICS(I am running 4.0.4/.217). Will a full sbf flash restore the audio drivers? I really need advice on what to do please.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Sbf back to stock then update to JB. You'll spend a lot more time trying to find and replace the missing files and there's still no guarantee it will work.

Wilhelzing317

Reaction score
Is there a way to use the droid utility to flash back to stock? Im looking for the easiest way to JB from ICS

natebub

Reaction score
Is there a Root for Droid 4 with Jelly Bean??? My phone updated and cant find any info a root for the droid 4 with Jelly Bean.

OP
G

G3T_UR_0WN_W1F1

Reaction score
Is there a Root for Droid 4 with Jelly Bean??? My phone updated and cant find any info a root for the droid 4 with Jelly Bean.
yea, there is. look up droid 4 root n there will be a thread that shows a zip file called 'razr_blade'. download that, run the bat file, and follow the instructions. also, dont leave ur fone alone while rooting. its not like past tools where u can just leave while it automatically roots. ur gonna have to do something with smart actions during the rooting process.