Jelly Bean Update Broke Some Stuff

Webbslinger

Reaction score
Well, IMHO there's no substitute as good as speed dial. You want to call and it's there. Did Moto hire a bunch of displaced Audi HVC designers? Why make it complicated? If they think they have something better offer both and let us decide, or don't and let us decide what phone we want to buy.

Webbslinger

Reaction score
So I've been playing with direct dial. To use it, 1: You have to have another widget on screen. 2: You have 4 key strokes to make a call rather than 3. 3: If you're in a call you have to back out to home screen to use it. 4: You have to look at little widgets that are much smaller than the dial pad. How is this better?

OP
J

Jonas4321

Reaction score
Well, IMHO there's no substitute as good as speed dial. You want to call and it's there. Did Moto hire a bunch of displaced Audi HVC designers? Why make it complicated? If they think they have something better offer both and let us decide, or don't and let us decide what phone we want to buy.

I completely agree. I have substituted DW Dialer for the stock dialer now, and am VERY happy. I have speed dialing like I had before the upgrade to JB. I only have 7 people on my speed dial list, so it works well for me. Also, I don't have to open the Contacts/People list to find someone quickly - I just type their name on the keypad (first or last) and it quickly narrows down to the people I am looking for. I have about 450 people in my phone book, so this method works great for me.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

bmetelsky

Reaction score
Also, I don't have to open the Contacts/People list to find someone quickly - I just type their name on the keypad (first or last) and it quickly narrows down to the people I am looking for. I have about 450 people in my phone book, so this method works great for me.

Actually, I believe that this functionality is built in to the stock dialer.
I do agree, though, that having speed dial on the stock dialer would be great.

Webbslinger

Reaction score
DW Dialer works fine. BUT, it doesn't open from the unlock page so still requires another key stroke and you have to back out of a received call to access it. Basically, it's hanging a bag on the device. Note to Motorola: fix this or lose customers.

OP
J

Jonas4321

Reaction score
DW Dialer works fine. BUT, it doesn't open from the unlock page so still requires another key stroke and you have to back out of a received call to access it. Basically, it's hanging a bag on the device. Note to Motorola: fix this or lose customers.

Yes you can, just make DW Dialer the default for each of the phone calling functions and it will be in the unlock circle.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
Is there any way to make the Favorites section linear instead of the ugly HUGE pictured boxes that take up a ton of room? Why on earth did they do that!!?

Webbslinger

Reaction score
Is removing and replacing the default phone possible without messing things up? The change default box is grey and won't open. This doesn't seem to be an option. ???

Webbslinger

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I've also had to reboot a couple of times since trying several dialers.