Jelly Bean to head off Apple exodus?

tedankel

Reaction score
So we hear of hopes for more Android product line being JB equipped. Considering my Moto Droid Bionic was supposed to release with ICS (and still waiting), I think the commentary for JB is a means to "keep us in the yard" when the IPhone 5 is being purchased any day now.

skennelly

Reaction score
So we hear of hopes for more Android product line being JB equipped. Considering my Moto Droid Bionic was supposed to release with ICS (and still waiting), I think the commentary for JB is a means to "keep us in the yard" when the IPhone 5 is being purchased any day now.

The "new" iPhone 5 barely competes with last years Android models. Innovative is the last word I would use when describing the iphone 5.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The "new" iPhone 5 barely competes with last years Android models. Innovative is the last word I would use when describing the iphone 5.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2
On the other hand, it is supposedly powered by a chipset powered by the new ARM Cortex A15 CPU cores. That right there is innovative. I believe it is dual-core, but a dual-core A15 is nothing to sneeze at.

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Outside that chipset the phone is old news and technology, you can't even do voice /lte simultaneously on Verizon., and I am sorry but a 4" screen is so 2010...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Outside that chipset the phone is old news and technology, you can't even do voice /lte simultaneously on Verizon., and I am sorry but a 4" screen is so 2010...

Same thing as the 4S, decent hardware inside; nothing exciting on the outside. I thought simultaneous voice/LTE was a function of LTE being GSM based, though; and not a function of the individual phone? My year old Bionic does simultaneous voice/LTE just fine. Apple is stupid if they are disabling this core functionality of LTE in software. Then again, they ARE the company that designs a phone with a completely nonstandard aspect ration and resolution.

nateohio

Reaction score
I wouldn't take an iPhone 5 if they were giving them away for free.

Apple stopped being innovative and trendsetting years ago.

Turn by turn? Android has had it since 2.1

Notification bar? Android has had it since the beginning and this is a blatant rip off of Android

4" screen, sorry too small

dual core processor, even if it is a beefy processor, we aren't going to see the benefit of the bump for a long time

Siri, this was a gimmick that still doesn't work and google now blows it out of the water anyways

Camera, Samsung Galaxy SIII has consistently been praised as better than apples camera

Universal connection for a myriad of docks and accessories? NOPE! apple changed the connectors on the iPhone 5 They went and killed the 1 advantage I seen them having over android.

I predict that Android will have 80% market share by this time next year and the year after that they'll have 90% and the iPhone will go the way of apple computers.

AND MY BIGGEST REASON FOR NEVER SUPPORTING ANYTHING APPLE

Because rather than try to actually compete with their competition...they unethically abuse a flawed patent system to try and litigate their competition into oblivion

Last edited:

skennelly

Reaction score
^This is the truth.

Side note: I was so used to not being able to use data and voice simultaneously on 3G that I never even knew/tried to do this on 4G! Lol! Just tried it and it works! Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
^This is the truth.

Side note: I was so used to not being able to use data and voice simultaneously on 3G that I never even knew/tried to do this on 4G! Lol! Just tried it and it works! Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my SCH-I535

I can do both simultaneously on 3g too on the S3, I wasn't aware that it had dual cdma radios.