Jelly Bean rom starting to roll out

wseyller

Reaction score
Be warned Google now doesn't work =(

The main advantages for getting Jelly Bean we will be lacking. So it is pointless to me to install a buggy rom not much more useful than ICS. This is basically a Jelly Bean system on top of an ICS kernel and radio.

Yeah you probably get Google Now to somewhat function but you can do the same within ICS. I currently have Google Now on my ics leak. Will likely never be as good as the real thing. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=218277

Project butter is probably the most important addition from Jelly Bean. But your not gonna get that either.

About the only decent features you will get is the better widget management and a more interactive notification pull down.

Until we get Jelly Bean officially, get our bootloader unlocked, or find a way to load unsigned kernels then it is pointless to me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

deduct

Reaction score
I have it set up and playing with it. I would love to run for awhile, but I can't get data to connect. On WiFi now. Going to try to get data by toggling between gsm and every other network mode for awhile. Wish I could get it going cause I love it so far and could definitely see using for a good while if I could just get data up.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
They never did get the ICS ROMS working with data and the camera, did they? That's kind of a deal breaker for me. I'll just stay on ICS and hope they get offline voice and maps working on that instead. :D

wseyller

Reaction score
They never did get the ICS ROMS working with data and the camera, did they? That's kind of a deal breaker for me. I'll just stay on ICS and hope they get offline voice and maps working on that instead. :D

We have ics leaked builds for the bionic now. This means the custom ics roms will be very stable because they will actually have an ics kernel and radio instead of running on top of gingerbread components.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Hollywood67

Reaction score
Ready to try this but just to be sure... keep. 235 ics leak on my unsafe side. Use safestrap v2.0 to safely try JB rom?

landon418

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
dluke and I are working on deodexing .232 we are making some progress and I will release a 1% battery mod hopefully. I wish EmericanX could help us out but he moved to a razr. I deodexed it, but it is not flashing correctly on the new ics bootstrap.:blink:

deduct

Reaction score
Hollywood67 said:
Ready to try this but just to be sure... keep. 235 ics leak on my unsafe side. Use safestrap v2.0 to safely try JB rom?

Yeah. Switch to safe side of safestrap and clear data, cache, and dalvik. Then flash away. And dont forget to flash jb gapps. Its Really smooth and love all the new animations. Lockscreen is pretty sweet too. I just could not get data up and running or i would still be on it. And also camera does not work.

Hollywood67

Reaction score
Yeah. Switch to safe side of safestrap and clear data, cache, and dalvik. Then flash away. And dont forget to flash jb gapps. Its Really smooth and love all the new animations. Lockscreen is pretty sweet too. I just could not get data up and running or i would still be on it. And also camera does not work.
Gotcha! What do you mean..dont forget to flash jb gapps? isnt that what were talking about? LOL... Anyway server host must be busy or broke because I can't get at it. Anyone have it anywhere else??

deduct

Reaction score
Hollywood67 said:
Gotcha! What do you mean..dont forget to flash jb gapps? isnt that what were talking about? LOL... Anyway server host must be busy or broke because I can't get at it. Anyone have it anywhere else??

Jb gapps are the google apps that you need to also have on your external sd card. You flash them right after you flash the rom. Krazyace gave us a link to them earlier in this thread.

Hollywood67

Reaction score
Jb gapps are the google apps that you need to also have on your external sd card. You flash them right after you flash the rom. Krazyace gave us a link to them earlier in this thread.

JB gapps from the OP will not download??
Nevermind...coming thru now

marleyinoc

Reaction score
Other than camera, it seems everything is working. How can I test gnow? It has popped up a card or three, swiping them away prompts for future settings. Things seem fast... maybe that's not due to butter but how could I check to say for sure.

So far it's just camera that might make me switch back to unsafe side and .232 .. If some of this other stuff isn't working like it seems to be I'll def just go back to testing new builds...

4 data I feel toggling around was the key, but it could have been others' recommendations... mostly trying phone info app and switching to "lte/CDMA auto Prl" then menu "select radio" auto and then open browser.

OP
krazyace38

krazyace38

Reaction score
Camera codecs comin soon not sure the exact time but dhacker29 is on it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC ( ICS 232) using Droid Forums

marleyinoc

Reaction score
Yeah, bugged him on Twitter about it and then realized asking is a waste of his time. Sure I couched it in "able to test" and I do have factory cables, etc so am willing to take some risk... but who am I fooling: I'm just a crack flasher. .

Here is a shot of my Google now... it seems to be working. http://www.imgur.com/B6mCk.png

OP
krazyace38

krazyace38

Reaction score
Yea i found out being a beta tester doesn't get it any faster either I haven't flashed this rom yet but I plan on it later when the camera is fixed might flash it to c what all the fuss is about jb :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC ( ICS 232) using Droid Forums