Jelly Bean RAZR/MAXX Christmas 2012 Update?

OP
TriciaH

TriciaH

Reaction score
Fixed the problem of duplicate folders in the gallery after JB upgrade. Settings>All Apps>Media storage. Clear data. Reboot phone. Voila. All fixed. You will have to reset your ring tones and notification tones. But only one of each folder now and everything is there! Someone had posted the fix but I can't remember which forum....if it was someone here kudos to you!

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
After 12 hours today, I have 50% battery. Interesting. I did use my phone a bit more today, though.

Just like all your photos in the gallery.
Thanks! I kinda wish there was a FAQ Sticky on each phone that contained this information. I'd read it and try not to ask dumb questions.

Pop up works for me in go sms
Prior to upgrading to the early Jelly Bean, I had every GO product installed, except for extra themes. I had a pop up then. I'm trying to avoid extra bloatware on my phone, but I may go back to it. I don't think I'm satisfied with my setup now, unless I can find notification bubbles kinda like GO Notifications.

fre1102

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my OTA update. Is there some sort of timeline for full rollout?

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
I'm still waiting for my OTA update. Is there some sort of timeline for full rollout?

Not really. All that had been said about the OTA is that it would be released sometime in Q1.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

fre1102

Reaction score
Not really. All that had been said about the OTA is that it would be released sometime in Q1. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Yeah, I knew the Q1 announcement, I've just seen everyone else getting the OTA update, and now it's even rooted, so I was wondering if it's time to start wondering if the problem is my handset itself.

GotnFX

Reaction score
Yeah, I knew the Q1 announcement, I've just seen everyone else getting the OTA update, and now it's even rooted, so I was wondering if it's time to start wondering if the problem is my handset itself.

The latest JB was a mistake. But people were able to grab it and install manually. The official one hasn't rolled out yet. People are talking about the leaked version.

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
Quick Jelly Bean related question.. I tried clearing my cache the same way I did on ICS and it doesn't work. The holding down volume and power button etc. steps... Doesn't seem to work that way anymore. How do I do this on JB?

Redalert

Reaction score
Quick Jelly Bean related question.. I tried clearing my cache the same way I did on ICS and it doesn't work. The holding down volume and power button etc. steps... Doesn't seem to work that way anymore. How do I do this on JB?

Weird. I do it from the buttons, etc. Yellow jacket mentioned an app that will do it as well.

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
I just did it on mine and it works like it always does. I am on the leaked JB and not rooted.

stemo

Reaction score
I am debating installing the leak or waiting. I havent owned my maxxx but for a few days.

I downloaded it today bit haven't put it in my name phone yet.

NWRULES

Reaction score
Wow. Might have to wait all the way to March huh...... Not sure I can't stand this ICS business much longer. Sheesh. Mabye I'll start phone shopping tomorrow! Lol! :-D cheers

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Wow. Might have to wait all the way to March huh...... Not sure I can't stand this ICS business much longer. Sheesh. Maybe I'll start phone shopping tomorrow! Lol! :-D cheers
You don't have to do that. Stay with us! LOL. Just do the manual install if you feel confident enough to do that. Be forewarned, it's not the final update but as far as I'm concerned, so what. I'm happy. The battery life is better and overall my phone seems smoother.

If you must, get a RAZR MAXX HD. I'm not so sure anything matches the battery life of the MAXX (assuming MAXX HD is similar).

djnolo

Reaction score
My question is, why does my MAXX after my 4.1.2 update search for a service subscription and then give me a message to contact my service provider?

No MAXXation without representation!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130121_120106.png
    ForumRunner_20130121_120106.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 331
  • ForumRunner_20130121_120201.png
    ForumRunner_20130121_120201.png
    32 KB · Views: 351
  • ForumRunner_20130121_120210.png
    ForumRunner_20130121_120210.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 334