Jelly Bean Leak [9.1.39Xt926.verizon.en.us]

BostonDroid

Reaction score
Why is it when I try to move the update. Zip file it says 'could not write file' and it won't move it? I thanks

Droid101

Reaction score
Why is it when I try to move the update. Zip file it says 'could not write file' and it won't move it? I thanks

You do not rename it to update zip you just leave it the name it is and throw it on your SD card and your all set. That's all I have done and it went fine

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

BostonDroid

Reaction score
anywhere on the sd card? when i did that, I couldnt find the file when i was in recovery...
You do not rename it to update zip you just leave it the name it is and throw it on your SD card and your all set. That's all I have done and it went fine

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

BostonDroid

Reaction score
BostonDroid said:
anywhere on the sd card? when i did that, I couldnt find the file when i was in recovery...

I've basically tried everything... I can't seem to find the file through the recovery. When I try to put on external1, it says I don't have permission. Wtf!

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've basically tried everything... I can't seem to find the file through the recovery. When I try to put on external1, it says I don't have permission. Wtf!

how are you placing the file on the SD card? are you trying to do everything from the phone? or using a computer with the phone hooked up to it?

If through the phone, it should download the file to the "Downloads" folder, using the stock file browser you can move the file to SD card if the default is the internal storage. You NEED an external SD card inserted in order for this to work.

Droid101

Reaction score
how are you placing the file on the SD card? are you trying to do everything from the phone? or using a computer with the phone hooked up to it?

If through the phone, it should download the file to the "Downloads" folder, using the stock file browser you can move the file to SD card if the default is the internal storage. You NEED an external SD card inserted in order for this to work.

Yes this is all I did and it worked fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

BostonDroid

Reaction score
macpro88 said:

Sorry guys, It's been a while since I was rooting/messing with my phone. I had the iFail for a couple of years... I never bought or put a sd card on the phone on my own so I just assumed it came with one. Apparently I am wrong? Anyway... I can put the file on the sd card folder but can't find it in recovery. When I try to put it on the external1 folder I get an error message and the folder stays empty.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, It's been a while since I was rooting/messing with my phone. I had the iFail for a couple of years... I never bought or put a sd card on the phone on my own so I just assumed it came with one. Apparently I am wrong? Anyway... I can put the file on the sd card folder but can't find it in recovery. When I try to put it on the external1 folder I get an error message and the folder stays empty.

the phone comes with internal storage, and I think you are getting that mixed up with the SD card, if you did not physically put in an SD card, then you do not have one and you will not be able to do this upgrade until you have an SD card. The stock recovery looks towards the SD card only and there is no way to point the stock recovery to the internal storage.

BostonDroid

Reaction score
macpro88 said:
the phone comes with internal storage, and I think you are getting that mixed up with the SD card, if you did not physically put in an SD card, then you do not have one and you will not be able to do this upgrade until you have an SD card. The stock recovery looks towards the SD card only and there is no way to point the stock recovery to the internal storage.

Oh well. OG DROID was not like this (not that I remember). I guess I'll have to wait till the OTA comes out. I thanks anyway

mattfitz

Reaction score
When I try to install it I get this error:
E:error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong or suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks

BostonDroid

Reaction score
mattfitz said:
When I try to install it I get this error:
E:error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong or suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks

Are u putting the file in external1?