Jelly Bean for the Rezound

Droidram56

Reaction score
Just curious, is there any indication as to whether Jelly Bean will be rolled out to the Rezound or when that might be? Not that I'm not enjoying ICS.

acejavelin

Reaction score
There has been no official work from HTC/Verizon on this, it is possible we could see it next year sometime but I surely wouldn't hold my breath for it, right now I would say it is a 50/50 chance.

There has been some work by the developers over at XDA on custom AOSP/AOKP Jelly Bean ROM's for the Rezound based on CyanogenMod 10 but they are still in the very early stages of development (they are still calling it the R&D phase) and a complete ROM is probably still a few months away.

HowardZ

Reaction score
If we had purchased a nexus phone directly from Google (no verizon wireless compatibility ) then we will have had many years of updates directly from Google including jellybeans key lime pie and whatever comes next.

Problems is I hate the hardware of ever nexus device including the 7 and 10 inch tablets.

OP
Droidram56

Droidram56

Reaction score
HowardZ said:
If we had purchased a nexus phone directly from Google (no verizon wireless compatibility ) then we will have had many years of updates directly from Google including jellybeans key lime pie and whatever comes next.

Problems is I hate the hardware of ever nexus device including the 7 and 10 inch tablets.

It sounds like there may be nexus devices coming out from different OEMs over the next year. I wouldn't be interested in the one from LG, but it will be interesting to see who else offers a nexus.

HowardZ

Reaction score
It sounds like there may be nexus devices coming out from different OEMs over the next year. I wouldn't be interested in the one from LG, but it will be interesting to see who else offers a nexus.

Nexus 4 does not have microSD card, and no removable battery.

Actually no nexus device has microSD card.

Nexus 7 has no hdmi.

Iggy08

Reaction score
I feel a little different about the current Nexus line, I love all of them. Sure there's somethings lacking like sd card slots and LTE, but overall great value. After all we're talking about completely unlocked and stock Android phones with some amazing hardware. I got my Rezound in hopes HTC would be able to push updates fairly quickly, but I underestimated Verizon. I'm sure we would have an awesome phone if Verizon wasn't utterly unreasonable!