Jelly Bean for SGS3: Rolling Out Europe; Canada Before Holidays; US Maybe Next Year

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Oct 17, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

We have a multi-story mashup for you guys regarding Jelly Bean for the Samsung Galaxy S III. First, the flagship phone is already getting the Jelly Bean rollout across Europe. Users in France, Spain, Romania, and Austria already have received the Android 4.1.1 Update. This rollout is going to start spreading across Europe quickly and we should start hearing reports from other countries as well. Next, we have news for Canadians. Their rollout should show up before Christmas. In fact, a message posted on Twitter by Samsung Canada, both Note and S3 owners “can expect Jelly Bean to arrive before the holidays." Finally, Samsung released an official statement (shown below) indicating that the U.S. version of the SGS3 will see it "in the coming months," which is vague enough that it likely means it won't be until early next year.

You gotta love the glacial pace at which American carriers allow updates.

2. Crankintopwater69

Crankintopwater69 Well-Known Member

Watch we get 4.1 whenever VZW releases JB.
  3. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

The US next year!? 6 months after release. I hesitated going AOSP on my phone because I liked a couple features in touchwiz...but I did it and am on 4.1.2 and have no plan on ever going back. These companies need to get into gear and get updates out. What are their excuses for being so slow at it? I mean...do they employ 3 people to do the software on all their phones or something. It just seems to inefficient.
  4. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

It's not Sammy's fault. The update is already rolling out in Europe. The problem is the vetting process of the US carriers. Verizon and others are very strict.
Search tags for this page

add all share cast to galaxy nexus

kit kat roll out for sgh i747