Jeff Bezos Calls Out 'Droid Forums' as Target for MayDay Tech Support Competition

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-forums-forum-logo.png

df-logo.png

Today at the big Amazon press event, Jeff Bezos was discussing one of the new defining features of the Fire Phone. It's called MayDay, and it is basically a version of their 24/7 free online live video tech support that they offer for the Kindle Fire HDX tablet. Obviously, this is a great step toward vastly improving the customer experience for users, especially considering you can actually even get help on how to use the device's features.

Despite this, one of the most intriguing things that Bezos mentioned during this presentation was to poke fun at the current method consumers use to get tech support for their devices. He specifically called out "Droid Forums" as one of the "go to" places for users to get tech support. The mention was even picked up by some of our competitor websites.

Of course, it is possible (or even likely) that he was speaking in generic terms ("droid forums"), and didn't intend to specifically address our site. Despite this, we can't help but offer appreciation to Jeff Bezos for indirectly giving props to our site (and sites like ours in the Android community), because we are here for our members for more than just tech support. Obviously, that is one of the great things about a forum, but Mr. Bezos misses the point of our forums. We are about the news, entertainment, camaraderie, friendship, community, third party development, apps, mods, tweaks and much more, and that is on top of the tech support!

Stand proud and let your voice be heard! This is THE DroidForums!!!

D

DougDroid

Haha that is great! I guess this forum has much more reach then we might think ;)

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Viva DF! dancedroid

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
It was probably something like this site and the Android community that gave them the idea for their 24/7 tech support :)...

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I remember the days of the DroidX and how much I was on the forums for that device. Even looking at the forum list its one of the biggest forums DF has. Oh those were the days.

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
I just wanted to thank you guys for all the "Emergency Calls" I've made in the past. I came here first with my Droid X! Ah, nostalgia...

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
We certainly appreciate the publicity.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Whew...that was a close one Jeff. I was afraid you would say Android Forums, and ruin the agreement we made back stage. You da man!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Before DF the cs reps that knew anything more than the check list in front of them would always tell me they learned most of what they knew from Howard Forums.
It's good that companies have finally publicly admitted that forums such as this are a big reason for successful usage of their devices.
Don't be surprised if one calls the Fire hot line and asks the rep where they learned their stuff if they don't admit they learned it from the Fire fly section of Droid Forums.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
And here I was the whole time thinking this was just your run-of-the-mill wretched hive of scum and villainy!

Kudos!