JCase's 1 Click Droid Eris Root App

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jaitken0308, Aug 6, 2010.

1. jaitken0308

jaitken0308 New Member

All,

JCase has given us an app that roots the Eris with a click. Here's the link: 1 Click Eris Root App – No PC Required | xda-developers

I do have a question about it though. Superuser Permissions showed up in my app drawer, but it's just a black screen. How do I use it?

I've read that you have to use the Android SDK on your PC and type code to give certain apps SU permissions. Is there another way around this, or if not, can someone explain how to use the SDK?
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  2. evenmoreconfused

evenmoreconfused New Member

I'm having the same problem, the terminal emulator also says permission denied when I type: $
    then hit enter. I've read that means I'm not rooted, but I followed the instructions exactly. Any info is greatly appreciated!
  3. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit DF Super Moderator

If Super User is in your app drawer, it is installed. Dont mess with the sdk unless you know what you are doing, it will only bring you grief. ADB can be your friend, but you need to learn how to use it with your phone. xda would be the best place to ask, as there really arent any Eris developers here.

As far as the black screen, as you give apps root permissions, they will be listed on that black screen.

Type su in the terminal emulator. The $ will change to a #, if you are rooted.
Search tags for this page
droid 4 one click root app
droid eris 1 click root
droid eris root app
eris 1 click root
eris one click root
eris one click root app
eris root app

eris rooter

eris rooter help
erisrooter
how to root using eris rooter