JB working after flash to .211?

mekanism

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that the latest OTA update works after flashing to stock .211? I'm on .211 now but was rooted. I tried permanent unroot using the supersu app with no luck, unfroze all apps, wiped phone but none of this worked. So it looks like I have to be 100% stock ICS .211 right? I dont want to waste anymore time on this update unless others have gone back to matty's stock .211 and been able to use the latest update.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
If you're on stock .211 the update should work fine as long as you didn't freeze or remove anything. Don't have safe strap installed either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Whether you are stock our not, rooted or not, or have apps frozen/deleted or not, the update will still download, but won't install properly unless you are 100% stock. So the reason you haven't gotten it yet is likely that its simply not your turn yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Raven1155

Reaction score
I went back to .211 from .215, thanks to FixKat's excellent instructions, did a "check for update" from the "About Phone" in settings, and it found and installed JB 4.1.2 just fine!

OP
mekanism

mekanism

Reaction score
I have the update but it fails when I try to install it. I tried installing from cache too but got a side load error.

OP
mekanism

mekanism

Reaction score
Thanks for chiming in Raven, looks like complete stock is the only way to get it to work.