JB update starting Apr 15th - Official VZW announcement

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I don't see any sign of JB OTA update yet, in any forum. Saw 2 or 3 folks only, who received OTA. May be, VZW meant soak test when it announced the update starting Apr 15th.

That's what I think also. I think the testing started on the 15th and the rest of us will get it OTA soon. Threads in some forums have been "closed" by moderators where people are discussing how to download the update and install manually versus waiting for the official OTA update...leads me to believe that the testing phase is not complete yet. Just my opinion though. :blink:

deduct

Reaction score
You cannot return to ICS after updating to jb. If you tried to fxz 246 you would certainly brick.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Is it possible to FXZ back to 246, reroot, and reapply JB? Did mine last night and had to fix a webtop issue and forgot to run rootkeeper first. :( I'm planning to do a full wipe over the weekend anyways to try and help responsiveness.

No, you can not go back to ICS once updating to JB. FXZ will brick your device trying to go backwards.

RETUSAFNCO

Reaction score
That's what I think also. I think the testing started on the 15th and the rest of us will get it OTA soon. Threads in some forums have been "closed" by moderators where people are discussing how to download the update and install manually versus waiting for the official OTA update...leads me to believe that the testing phase is not complete yet. Just my opinion though. :blink:

I downloaded the update from the XDA site. I had reload .246 before I uploaded the update. When I first tried I had an error 7 code. So, I reloaded .246 then Jelly Bean. So far so good, I couldn't wait for the OTA.