JB update starting Apr 15th - Official VZW announcement

grgguy

Reaction score
Here's how I kept root.

First I updated su binary then I downloaded update to sd, Then temp unrooted through voodoo( note : I also reprotected root with the updated su binary), booted into recovery and applied update. The update took 10-15 minutes. Rebooted phone, went straight to voodoo and restored root. I also confirmed root by opening tibu and sqlite editor.

milski65

Reaction score
Here's how I kept root.

First I updated su binary then I downloaded update to sd, Then temp unrooted through voodoo( note : I also reprotected root with the updated su binary), booted into recovery and applied update. The update took 10-15 minutes. Rebooted phone, went straight to voodoo and restored root. I also confirmed root by opening tibu and sqlite editor.

Do you still have root?

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

deduct

Reaction score
He says he kept root. I am hoping someone comes up with a root method for jb bionic. I've tried RAZR blade root method and it does not work on bionic. Thank god I have a maxx. Still want to root my bionic and be able to play though.

mattjenn

Reaction score
He says he kept root. I am hoping someone comes up with a root method for jb bionic. I've tried RAZR blade root method and it does not work on bionic. Thank god I have a maxx. Still want to root my bionic and be able to play though.

Have you tried the new motochopper that roots RAZR hd on 4.1.2?

deduct

Reaction score
I hear Dan Rosenberg has retired from the scene. Surely someone can develop a root method for bionic jelly bean!! Its still an awesome phone. With all of these Motorola root methods floating around I can't believe none of them work. Someone has to step up to the plate and help us out. Please Don't tell me development for the bionic is dead. Because that's what I have been hearing and that's just sad. Say it ain't so!

grgguy

Reaction score
Do you still have root?

Yes, I still have root. In fact I'm using root now as I type this. I still have unlimited data and I use the entitlement hack as my primary source of internet. I think that updating your su binary and using voodoo is the ONLY way to keep root. Follow the instructions to the letter or pray for a new method.

milski65

Reaction score
Yes, I still have root. In fact I'm using root now as I type this. I still have unlimited data and I use the entitlement hack as my primary source of internet. I think that updating your su binary and using voodoo is the ONLY way to keep root. Follow the instructions to the letter or pray for a new method.

Excellent to hear. I've seen more than a few people who have lost it. Major bummer. And as deduct pointed out, Dan R seems to be out for good. I'll keep 246 and run cm10.1.

grgguy

Reaction score
Excellent to hear. I've seen more than a few people who have lost it. Major bummer. And as deduct pointed out, Dan R seems to be out for good. I'll keep 246 and run cm10.1.

Those romming are the ones having the most problems. I would go back to completely stock and reroot before attempting anything.

OP
N

nri1998

Reaction score
I don't see any sign of JB OTA update yet, in any forum. Saw 2 or 3 folks only, who received OTA. May be, VZW meant soak test when it announced the update starting Apr 15th.

di0de

Reaction score
Is it possible to FXZ back to 246, reroot, and reapply JB? Did mine last night and had to fix a webtop issue and forgot to run rootkeeper first. :( I'm planning to do a full wipe over the weekend anyways to try and help responsiveness.